Forums

Help › Forums

Courses you see from PC

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 15 2017 7:36 PM (21 replies)
  • Marka3721
    3 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 1:08 PM

I was wondering why there are more courses that you can either pay a green fee to play or just play when using a PC, instead of a IOS or Android device. And also, it seems there are more things to play like skins or Blitz on the PC and not on the IOS or Android devices. Or is there something I need to change or do different on my devices.

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 8:34 PM

Marka3721:

I was wondering why there are more courses that you can either pay a green fee to play or just play when using a PC, instead of a IOS or Android device. And also, it seems there are more things to play like skins or Blitz on the PC and not on the IOS or Android devices. Or is there something I need to change or do different on my devices.

No. There courses and features that are available on the web version that aren't on mobile yet. 

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:30 AM

pdb1:
    The best imitation of WGT PC / laptop is very crude and primitive still . But kudos for a well done effort . Probably not ever going to match the magic of PC / laptop play .

Actually, that would be a big no.

The iOS version is excellent. What it lacks are a couple of courses as well as the social aspect, including cross platform play. But the playing experience on the iOS is every bit as good as the PC or web platform.

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 12:59 PM

pdb1:
    Well I will grant that there is a some good graphics available on iOS but the fact remains that only a fraction of the variables and features and options that are offered on PC play are yet to be offered on mobile it's a long ways off so it's actually a very big yes.

So what variables, features, and options aren't available that make the mobile version "very crude and primitive"?

Sent by me and my computer, which shall go unnamed

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 6:06 PM

I think the game play is really good on the iPad.  And the meter never jumps. But there is always a delay in registering the finger tap for the click. That's why I don't play on it. But otherwise it's really really good 

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:04 PM

There are actually more features on IOS that aren't on the web version than the other way around, One is the approach grid. On the web version we have to use either the pitch or chip view to get the same results. And if you forget to change back then to make a poor shot.

The other is something that many many of us have almost begged for. The ability to share scorecards.

And many of the features on the web version were on both mobile versions first. 

RSS