Forums

Help › Forums

getting credits

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 21 2011 5:11 PM (5 replies)
  • Brian230
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 1:52 PM

I am new to this game and I dont know how to get more credits without paying for them

Is the only other way to compete in tournaments and somehow do better than all the other people that have been playing this game for much longer than you?

That seems kind of like a flawed system...

• TheProfessorX
    41 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 4:41 PM

I know what you mean.

Eventually I plan on buying some more credits but I dont want to do that right now.

I may do some of those free surveys in order to gain more of them.

• DonNickels
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 4:54 PM

I agree that WGT's approach to earning credits is very flawed. I can

t believe they thik I'm going to actually spend money to buy credit or better virtual golf clubs to play a "free" on line golf game. I spend too much on real golf as it is. I've tried completing several of the surveys and I haven't qualified to complete them so you can't getcredits that way. I'm not saying it should be easy to get credits but as you advance up the levels you should bwe awarded some points. You can't be competitive in tournamants with the starter clubs. WGT, you need to rethink this.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 5:10 PM

As said above, you can do surveys to pad your account.

Brian230:

Is the only other way to compete in tournaments and somehow do better than all the other people that have been playing this game for much longer than you?

This has me puzzled. It sounds like you want to be rewarded in tournaments over people that have put time and effort into the game.

Each tier has it's own tournaments so you are competing against the same skill level.

Happy hitting

• PatrickMax
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 5:11 PM

I too am troubled by this, the main problem to me is how the winners of all these tournaments take the 6 times what everyone else takes even though they had to beat 3/4ths of the field. From my understanding, the game is in beta and as the number of people on here grows it's going to generate profit from advertising and this should allow for credits to be earned rather than bought. Till then, we may as well help the creators build an awesome game, it's still cheaper than buying a PS3 and EA sports golf. 

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 5:28 PM

Brian230:

I am new to this game and I dont know how to get more credits without paying for them

The system works fine, like every other system in life, you have to practice and put the time in to get any where. On the most part the players that are winning credits have played 1000's of rounds fine tuning their skills... and they all started just like you. While your waiting to win your first tourny  there are free surveys and credit offers that will help you on your way. Type " free credits" in the search box and away you go. Also moving up from Hack to Amateur should render you some nice new shiny credits.   

RSS