Forums

Help › Forums

Help with the real course

Tue, Apr 19 2011 10:40 AM (6 replies)
  • duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 4:23 AM

Hi all, just wondering if playing WGT courses has helped players play the real courses, you do get to know the WGT courses very well so you would think it should help on the real thing, just something i was thinking about,someone might have a story about going from WGT STA to the real STA and so on, would be cool to think it dose help.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 7:02 AM

I never did try but Ibet it's a 2 way street.

You may know what shot you need to hit but executiving it in real life is likely much harder and may lead to more trouble.

-wgticon

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 8:07 AM

I've not been able to play (and probably never will) any of the WGT courses, but playing WGT has "re-instilled" <if that's a word> some course management back into my game.

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 8:28 AM

You have to change to clubs that are the actual distances that you hit on real grass and not the 350 yard driver that WGT provides you with.  Then (and only then) will it help your non-virtual game.  There is no doubt in my mind... youd be crazy to think otherwise (IMO).  In fact ive been wanting WGT to set up some of my local course's here in the South Bay (Area) **See bellow. :) 

**Seascape, Coyotee Creek, Shoreline, San Juan Oaks, De La Veaga, Bayonet, Black Horse... etc...

Please WGT... Your just up the road in SF.... :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 8:29 AM

MBaggese:
    WGT has "re-instilled" <if that's a word> some course management back into my game.
    That's what I thought you were after when I saw the title of the thread. I have a remote chance of playing BPB if I were to make the effort. It would be fun to find out. In the absence of that happening  I do find that this game definitely helped me IRL. Just the way you approach the game mentally improves. At least it did for me.

Plus, if any of your playing buddies also golfs here I'm sure you see a lot of "On WGT...." when you play IRL.  :-)

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 9:18 AM

bbeards4:
    350 yard driver that WGT provides you with

what 350 yard driver?

just sayin

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 10:40 AM

gsoup:

bbeards4:
    350 yard driver that WGT provides you with

what 350 yard driver?

just sayin

Well for one your longest drive is 370 yards so look no further than your virtual bag man.

RSS