Forums

Help › Forums

Pro Flowers Complaint

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 16 2011 4:26 PM (2 replies)
  • drl1948
    17 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 5:27 PM

Back in February, I responded to the ad on WGT for Pro Flowers and had some flowers sent to my wife.  The order went through fine.  But, what I didn't know was that this also included Pro Flowers providing my name and address to VM Promo of Chicago, IL which in turn submits names and addresses for magazine subscriptions.  I learned about this today when I received a Reader's Digest magazine.  I called Reader's Digest and they told me they get some of their subscriptions through VM Promo.  I called VM Promo and they told me they got the information from Pro Flowers.

So unless you are happy with having your information handed out without your permission, having to go through the hassel of cancelling a subscription that you did not order, do not respond to the Pro Flowers' ad.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 8:16 PM

don't worry....it'll turn out smelling like roses in the end.

tbe

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2011 4:26 PM

This is the internet.

They are only doing what you would do given the same opportunity.

You probably checked abox inadvertantly giving them permission.

There are free email providers everywhere.

Use one for legit, personal, important, correspondence.

Use another for friends and family

Use another for game Sites and other impersonal stuff in which you can discard at a moments notice.

NEVER under any circumstances use your ISP default email, after all it contains half of your account log in info.

Personally , i prefer gmail for all three. I never use ISP email.

www.gmail.com

RSS