Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson's Hinge (the unofficial WGT Enquirer bracket)

Thu, Dec 1 2016 8:53 AM (105 replies)
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2016 12:50 AM

Update on Andyson's bracket! They are also at the quarter final stage of the tournament....so it looks like our timing is good. Just a reminder that whoever wins the Hinge will play the winner of the Bracket in a final matchplay game to remember Andyson! :)

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2016 11:22 AM

myself and Paul got our game played ,i managed to win the 10th and 18th for a 2up win

enjoyed the game with Paul ,we had a laugh along with a few wtf shots and i'm looking forward to many more games with Paul in the future

Mike

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2016 1:42 PM

mike says it all really

wife pissing me off talking and there was a few shots that wgt decided to throw at us

always a pleasure with mike whatever the outcome

thx mate and thanx for the chance to play 

paul

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2016 4:50 AM

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2016 5:42 AM

overtheedge defeated adaputter in a 9 hole match play game on ROYAL ST GEORGE'S.

This was an absolute pleasure and an exciting game that  VERY easily could have went ada's way right up to the very last hole.

Thank you my friend ada for a exciting and fun game.

CHEERS TO DENNIS! aka: andyson.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2016 5:43 AM

after a very close contest 

all square up to the 14th 

i sneaked a bird on the 15th to go 1 up

jeff preceded to hit his tee shot to within 4 inch of hole on 16th

back to square

jeff hit birdie and so wins 1 up

great game jeff do it again someday 

good luck in next round m8

ada  (adaputter)

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 2:16 AM

Thanks for getting your games played! We're just waiting for the last quarter final between Bigknight and Piero to be played (giving them until Wednesday night) and then we'll have our semi finals:

Semi 1: Liam91 vs Mymanpayne

Semi 2: overtheedge vs Bigknight/Piero

I will update the bracket later today and decide what course the semis will be played on. Semis will start on Thursday morning (or sooner) and I'll give you a week to play them.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:54 AM

Appreciate the extenson....we are working hard to play it today at 4pm (eastern time)

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 2:01 PM

Carlo and I just finished our match, and it could not have been more exciting.

After birdies halved 10, he went 1up after a nice birdie on 11. We halved 12 with birdies. Tough wind on 13 tugged his approach to bottom of green, and I birdied from 6 feet to get back to AS. He got it back to 1up on 14 when I struggled from front of green in 2 and couldn't get the birdie. This time I got it back on 15 after making a 19 footer, and his answer from 12 feet slid by. He birdied 16 and I missed my putt to put him back to 1up. We halved birdies on 17 and went to 18 with Carlo 1up. There was a left to right 19-20 mph wind helping just a touch. I had to gamble and it paid off, hitting my approach to 3 feet. Carlo's approach sailed a tad long of the hole and rolled down the slope to the left fringe. Valiant chip from there, but I managed to square us up and send us to extra holes.

Back on 10, we halved again with birdies. Tough wind again on 11, and we halved with pars. On our third extra hole (#12) I made my 4 footer for birdie after Carlo just missed his from a little short of the hole.

BigKnight wins on 3rd extra hole.

That was the type of match that no one should have to lose. Carlo (as most of you know) is the BEST on WGT, and after playing in so many tourneys that he has hosted, it was a pleasure to play him. Best of luck my friend, let's play again soon.

Thanks again for the extension of time to get the match in. Looking forward to the next round :)

=bk=

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2016 1:42 AM

What an epic encounter! Hope the semis are like that. :) Details are up in the first post of this thread.

RSS