Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson's Hinge (the unofficial WGT Enquirer bracket)

Thu, Dec 1 2016 8:53 AM (105 replies)
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 3:10 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Sorry folks, im going to have to pull out on this one. I just popped on for a quick look, and havent got time to play. I guess if i carried on and somehow got through into the next round, then i might be slacking again, and that aint fair on anyone. 

Would you please put Liam91 through to the next round, thanks.

No problem - thanks for letting us know. I love the spirit that the whole Andyson Memorial is being played in. I'm sure Dennis is looking down on us and having a good chuckle!

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 9:52 AM

David (DJW2307) and I just finished our MP at Olympic. I was fortunate enough to jump out to an early lead and played well enough to secure the victory. IN the true spirit of Andy, it was great to meet a new friend in David, and we had a nice chat during our match.

Bigknight wins 4&2

• DJW2307
    13,389 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 2:38 AM

BigKnight:

David (DJW2307) and I just finished our MP at Olympic. I was fortunate enough to jump out to an early lead and played well enough to secure the victory. IN the true spirit of Andy, it was great to meet a new friend in David, and we had a nice chat during our match.

Bigknight wins 4&2

Geof got it spot on there. Was a real pleasure to meet and get to play a game with you sir and was just a shame that I couldn't put up more of a game for you, but take nothing away from this fella, he's a mighty fine player and a great guy as well. Sorry I wasn't able to post a final reply. The frustration of the final screen in matchplay, but enjoyed the game and chat greatly and good luck in the rest of the event sir. More importantly, I do hope that we can grab a game again some time in the not too distant future.

Cheers to everyone concerned in making this a special event and have been honoured to have taken part in such a brilliant set of events

David

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 5:05 PM

Paul and i scheduled to play tomorrow morning 8 am my time

• BillyMayfair
    4,630 Posts
    Sat, Nov 5 2016 6:07 AM

..after a rough start with power outages yesterday Scott was gracious enough to meet again this morning and continue our match.

A super approach shot from him on the 6th hole to within inches, and then a bad shot by me - but a fine putt by him to make birdie on 8 ended the match.   Didn't even get a chance to thank him again, for the consideration...but much appreciated.

thoroughly enjoyed it Scott, hope to play more in the future....Good Luck moving on.

...and thanks for putting this tourney on gentlemen.  Fun idea and new friends to boot...

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

• Butchbbay
    948 Posts
    Sat, Nov 5 2016 6:45 AM

Thanks for the great match, Jeff(overtheedge). We'll do it again sometime. Butch Good luck in the next round.

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, Nov 5 2016 8:35 AM

well Paul played very well and i had no game whatsoever.

Congrats Paul and good luck moving forward. Thanks to all for playing a great event for a great guy.

Andyson was a great character of this game.

Cheers my friend

Capp

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Nov 5 2016 8:43 AM

thx trevor for the game

i dont think you brought your best game with you today and i must admit my putter was on fire.

paulfinn  wins 4up

nice to be involved in this great thing,never met him but from what people say, he was a character and much loved 

paul

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Nov 5 2016 12:27 PM

Butchbbay:
    Thanks for the great match, Jeff(overtheedge). We'll do it again sometime. Butch. Good luck in the next round.

TY Butch.

Our MP was played at a course neither one of us really care for but we had a great time and more importantly it was played in honor of a friend who gave LIFE to this game and to these Forums. 

RSS