Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 1:54 PM

maoriand1:
    For me and my teammates reach the top4 team in this world cup was great and we were so proud about this score. we were first in a very hard group with great team and players so it's ok.. go Victoriae!!

Well said.  You had to replace players but still came through that group and to the semi final it was some achievement.

Very well done to the Wolve's, the reigning champ's and two group four teams has been tough, one more to go :-)

• DanC2807
    947 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 4:16 PM

Looking forward to meeting and playing NICO in just under 32 hours. 2 a.m. my time Wed.

My teammates have relieved all the pressure so maybe we'll play for a beer and a sleeve of balls. :)

Amazingly well-run tourney.  Congrats to ALL who played and a huge thanks to ALL who organized and sponsored!

dan

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 12:14 AM

PAULFINN52:

here are the ctth for the semi finals

page 199 for sinisavrc1 for nearest on 3rd

Nobody yet for 5th

still time though post on here or message me direct

finny

9.7f for DaniUnchained. You can see it here at 20:20.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 8:36 AM

ok joe thanks for that\

bubbs has been blocked by wgt so he cant post onto the forums at the moment so i will be looking after the ctth for these next 2 rounds

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 1:03 PM

Mbcarp99 defeated Mattobetty 3&2, thanks for the game Matto and sorry my Italian is barely better than my English

Thanks to Victoriae for a great match, as we all know on different days things could have been different, thanks also to all the teams we have played on the way to the final, some great battles especially against Cosa and the Trannies, thanks also to Finny and his crew for organising a great tournament

Should be a great match with East coast and we are all looking forward to the battle and may the best team win

Thanks

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 4:05 PM

Time for a big shout out to everybody involved in this Superb Tournament..

First of all to Finny and his Elves for all the work involved in creating this event..

On my behalf a huge Thank You to all my opponents I have had the pleasure of playing.. Especially my last 3 games when I had to play my old mate Paul Ton, A game that neither of us wanted as a decider.... Then I met another 2 super Guys in Cort and Troy and had some real fun with two new friends..!

East Coast V Wooden Tee is going to be a brilliant clash between these teams.. Best of luck folks...!

Speaking now as a SEL Member... We have enjoyed every moment of this super fun, intense and nervy at times Tourney... Really wish we were in that Final but this Year it wasn`t meant to be........... Can`t wait for 2018..

Best of luck guys and don`t forget to shout out if and when anybody is streaming games!

Super work Finny and Thank you bro..

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 2:08 AM

NicoZandberg beats DanC2807

It was a blast to play a round with Dan. Great laughs. 

Some nice approaches, but some very ordinary putting from us both. On another day Dan would be much more competive, but those short curly putts just didn't drop today. Unlucky mate.  

Good luck to East Coast in the final, a deserved victory.

• DanC2807
    947 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 2:59 AM

NICO..

I KNEW you were laughing every time I missed a 3 and a half footer! ;)

Outstanding play!  I wish we had decided to make putts under 4 feet a concession. We might STILL be playing. :)  It was a humbling pleasure!

I'll try to keep my YIPS in the bag in the FINALS.

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 8:19 AM

Bubbs from Never Neverland writes:

Would just like to say some thanks

1. To every player who has taken part in the comp

2. To all the team Captains

3. To all the sponsors who have been so generous, some with single sleeves and some with multiple. Special thanks to Steve for the amount he pledged and Andy (Alcaucin) who was not even in the event.

4. To Eric for, putting his updates on throughout event

5. To Nico and Dotty for helping Finny throughout

6. Last but by no means least, Finny. This comp is his baby and its been a fantastic comp this year with very little, if any, bickering. His work has slightly been to the detriment  of our club as hes worn himself out and intends to poss take a break after this event.......not too long though or i will empty your locker ;-)

Good luck to East Coast 1 and to The Woodentee Wolverines in the final. Two very sporting top quality teams. Should be a cracker.

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 9:03 AM

Nicozandberg:

Bubbs from Never Neverland writes:

Would just like to say some thanks

1. To every player who has taken part in the comp

2. To all the team Captains

3. To all the sponsors who have been so generous, some with single sleeves and some with multiple. Special thanks to Steve for the amount he pledged and Andy (Alcaucin) who was not even in the event.

4. To Eric for, putting his updates on throughout event

5. To Nico and Dotty for helping Finny throughout

6. Last but by no means least, Finny. This comp is his baby and its been a fantastic comp this year with very little, if any, bickering. His work has slightly been to the detriment  of our club as hes worn himself out and intends to poss take a break after this event.......not too long though or i will empty your locker ;-)

Good luck to East Coast 1 and to The Woodentee Wolverines in the final. Two very sporting top quality teams. Should be a cracker.

Thanks Bubbs, I was really enjoying your commentaries while they lasted:)

Frank

RSS