Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • mystry78
    880 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 2:53 PM

DoubleEagleRob:

Doubleeaglerob(Southern England Links) vs Mystry78 (East Coast)

Mystry78 wins 2 & 1.

Congratulations on a brilliant performance Frank. You went a few holes up early on and I threw everything at you to get it back but you just kept the birdies coming. A particular highlight was your holed shot from the 12th fairway. A deserved win for you and class performance.

Enjoyed this competition immensely and meeting the guys and gals from other clubs along the way.

Rob

This was a fantastic match and the only thing that kept me in it was my putter as Rob was hitting great approach shots and making lots of birdies.

It was a pleasure to have a game with you Rob. You and your team are a class act for sure.

Frank

• Nicozandberg
    719 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 3:17 PM

Well done to East Coast 1 for reaching the final of the World Cup. We have enjoyed all the games so far, and were sure the 3 remaining games will be played in the same spirit.

Well done to my team for fighting their way all the way to the semifinals. Proud of you all. Also ty to Finney for a superbly organized torunament. Till next year...

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 3:36 PM

Any claims in for the CTTH prizes as of yet this round?

Bubbs himself would have asked but he has an electronic tag fitted courtesy of WGT at the mo'.

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 7:54 PM

WELL DONE EAST COASTERS

twas a blast from start to finish this tournament, along the way ALL the guys i played were very good + very nice :)

thanks go to

finny

nico

dotty

bubbles

and everone who took part

until next year     SAYONARA

Bea :)

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 2:40 AM

First of all congratulations to East Coast on making the final. Been a very class act on the course and off the course. it's been brilliant playing the best players about and for this we all have to thank Paul Finn and his bad of elves, bubbs, nico and dotty. How you guys find time for this i will never know, so thanks all.

Us chickens are gutted to go out in the semi but we can hold our heads up high, we have come across so great people and clubs in this tournament and we will be rearing to go next year.

Good luck to both the teams who make the final. will be a cracker and would be good if some games are live, sure they will attract a big audience.

Last thanks is to all my team mates, we have had a fb messanger group, and with the shout box on the forum everybody has been giving support throughout the matches no matter what time the game is.

Great Tournament

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 9:57 AM

Just played my last 2017 World Cup game and I'm a little sad... been a great tourney, loads of top players and loads of great people..... Good luck in the finals East Coast... you are incredible players and class acts all. That's one of the things that I have heard from all of my team mates during this round... that you all play incredible golf and are class blokes.

I just played another class bloke from your club, Al (alph51) It was a great back and forth game, no one really having the upper hand, both some brilliant shot making and both some real head slappers. I went 1up on 16, then on 17 hit a nice approach to the front pin lol, and had a bird putt... Al got unlucky and caught that front hill and had a tough putt from down there, he hit it to 9.8 by I think... then I lost internet ... when we came back we discussed it and I asked Al what he wanted to do.. class act that he is said "I'm ok with conceding the match 2&1... I said "since this game has no bearing on the outcome, I accept"...Class player, Class people... Thanks for the game Al and the best going forward to you and East Coast.

Mr. Finn, of all of the games I have played I have kept almost everyone of my opponents on my friends list... that is one heck of a success... congrats mate on a well thought out and executed World Cup .... can't wait for the next one.

Dotty

• alph51
    677 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 11:24 AM

Thanks for the kind words, Paul. I very much enjoyed the game and the company. It was back and forth but you were poised for the win on 17 and there was no way to get back to that position after your internet went out. I think you earned the win. And thanks to Paul Finn for this tourney I letting me sub in this round.

Al

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 11:40 AM

just a quick update on the matches

wooden tee 4 victoriae  1 

sel thunderchickens 2  east coast 5

east coast firts through to the final well done to you and gl in the final

got to say a sad farewell to the chickens but they gave it their all but the best team won on the day,a lot of matches was close and could gone either way but thats golf.

it would be good for the comp if remaining matches can be played if only for pride,

we await the outcome of the first match,

finny

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 12:19 PM

here are the ctth for the semi finals

page 199 for sinisavrc1 for nearest on 3rd

Nobody yet for 5th

still time though post on here or message me direct

finny

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 1:28 PM

In my match against Popgli, I won 5 & 3. Fabio, thanks for the very enjoyable game. You were a bit unlucky on some putts, but your game was superb. Thanks again!

RSS