Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • pipala
    887 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 1:27 AM

Young46:

It was a great match against PEnglish3. I battled a few meter issues in the middle of the front 9 but I was very impressed with not only his level of play, but his class throughout the round. I will also add that the folks in SEL who were in the chat were also first class as well.

Stream of Round

Was a pleasure to watch and thank you for the stream Jason, best of luck to those yet to play

• amateur4sure
    2,196 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 4:34 AM

A superb game between 2 excellent players, A pleasure to watch thanks Jason..!

I was unable to log in to join in the conversation and fun so I had to go yelling in SEL`s Shout box ...

Great support for both players and that is what it is all about.

Super effort Paul, You were on fire for first 12 holes and would have been more than 1 up on many a player ...

Way to hang in there Jason and turn it around mate.. Super play and Top Class..!

We all love these streams and to watch some of WGT`s Top Players is a pleasure so please keep them going..! 

Way to go Finny.... Outstanding Competition...!

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 2:35 PM

Wooden Tee vs Victoriae.

Vaibhav5viv wins 3&2 over Andivo.

Andy had a slow start which I capitalized on early. Andy made a great 28ft birdie and pitch in birdie on 6th. Some very good golf after that and a tight contest. Enjoyable game Andy, and hope to play again sometime.

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 5:09 AM

latest update after near enough the first week

wooden tee  4-0  victoriae

victoriae have it all to do now and cant afford give anything away ,its been done though by the chickens so not over yet.

east coast 1 2-1  sel thunderchickens

still all to play here and the next 2 matches are vital  for both teams really,could see this one going to the wire,the chickens dont like making it easy for themselves lol.

finny

• xxblueeyesxx
    433 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 11:11 AM

semi finals match

sel thunderchickens vs east coast

amateur4sure vs xxblueeyesxx

xxblueeyesxx wins 1 up

it was great game and he is even a greater guy ..was a pleasure and glad to say I made a new friend........wish we could have talked to each other in this one cuz he is one funny guy

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 11:36 AM
    22 Jul
    maoriand1 defeated fmagnets in a 18 hole match play game on MERION GOLF CLUB.

well... i don't know what to say..maybe if i play it other 10 times i will loose 10 times but this time i played a good game , the game worked good and the putter was good.. merion is an hard course so maybe it s the best course where play with a "monster" like him..

we are 4-1 but we still have 3 very hard games..we gave all we had in this competition but now we have a very strong team in front of us so i think they deserve the win and reach the final. For me and my teammates reach the top4 team in this world cup was great and we were so proud about this score. we were first in a very hard group with great team and players so it's ok.. go Victoriae!!!
  • amateur4sure
    2,196 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 2:47 PM

semi finals match

sel thunderchickens vs east coast

amateur4sure vs xxblueeyesxx

Troy wins 1 up...

Wow what to say........... First of all Troy is an absolutely brilliant lad, Seriously superb golfer but a greedy bugger when it comes to sharing the drink he brought for us lol

Seriously............ For the 1st 12 or 13 holes I was just blown away, I was 3 down after 6 ouch, Troy was just throwing the finest darts I have seen in this game at that course..  I was struggling to live with him but Never say Never attitude made me fight like a ninja...

Ok Ninja maybe a bit too far but I had to play solid golf to stay in this match, It could have been over and down with a few times, I`m still banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how I managed to get it to the 18th and actually have a putt for extra holes but I think my playing partner may have had a hand in that lol

Bottom line, I have met another Great person in this Tourney, Another friend that plays like minded, The fun and company is 2nd to none, My only regret is this wasn`t just a normal Match Play game but a team event... I tried like hell but came up a wee bit short..

Troy .. way to go my friend, Brilliant play and the best company, Just one question... Does this new Avatar make my *** look fat?? lmao

Chris

• MFuston
    439 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 1:02 PM

Semi final match between SEL and East Coast

MFuston vs binkybaxter1

MFuston wins 1UP

What a gritty, back and forth match.  Well played at times by both, sloppy at others.  Thank you for the very fun and great match, Bea!

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 1:05 PM

binkybaxter1 (chook) V MFuston (east coast)

mike wins 1up

smashing spin v smashing opponent, i got 1up around the 8th then mike found his 15ft putting range + saved a couple before he claimed the lead and hung on to the wire :)

FAB spin Mike enjoyed it  good luck inya golfing.

Bea. :)

• DoubleEagleRob
    471 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 2:40 PM

Doubleeaglerob(Southern England Links) vs Mystry78 (East Coast)

Mystry78 wins 2 & 1.

Congratulations on a brilliant performance Frank. You went a few holes up early on and I threw everything at you to get it back but you just kept the birdies coming. A particular highlight was your holed shot from the 12th fairway. A deserved win for you and class performance.

Enjoyed this competition immensely and meeting the guys and gals from other clubs along the way.

Rob

RSS