Forums

Help › Forums

** Course Management ** and Club Selection

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 15 2016 5:10 PM (40 replies)
  • thewonderstuff
    1,436 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2016 4:00 PM

ive seen a lot of multi and restart accounts over the years but i dont see how anyone can possibly think this guy is one of them, looking at his scores and stats they are where they should be for a new player ...its not like hes posting sub 60's after 2 ranked games!!

and as far as renting clubs after a day or 2 its now a lot easier to navigate the pro shop especially when your told what clubs are available to buy and rent after each tier up with one click of the button

So good luck to the OP, if stats and charts float his boat then so be it...each to their own

tws

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2016 5:53 PM

thewonderstuff:
    ive seen a lot of multi and restart accounts over the years but i dont see how anyone can possibly think this guy is one of them, looking at his scores and stats they are where they should be for a new player

^^ TBH, the OP reminds me of myself when I first started a long time ago. The game is so realistic compared to other games and if you're a real golfer, you get caught up in the learning process. I remember when I did and I think the OP is in that vicinity.

• jeremygrogan
    22 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 3:02 AM

TopShelf2010:

razza31:

lonniescott711:
    From day 1 which was Aug. 11 I see that you began renting clubs . Most players dont even know that there is a pro shop or how to rent clubs on day 1 .

Lol.. you do realize there's a big pop up to rent unlocked equipment every time you level up!

You are missing the point Raz. Right out of the gate, the player in question knew exactly what to purchase/rent... on Day 1. How can someone who has never played this game have the knowledge of what equipment in needed?

Do not get me wrong, the "tips" that were posted in the OP are some great tips. This is not what we have been questioning. We have been questioning how so much information was gathered from a player with less than 30 days of being in the game.

Don

For the haters that have been posting here about the legitimacy of my account and my status;  I play real golf and understand course management in the “Game of Golf."  I love WGT because it is almost totally accurate in its physics and mechanics.  As a Golfer, I know where to lay up the ball and when to take an aggressive or safe approach, I know where I want to be on the green, and it is certainly easier to accomplish on WGT, than in real life.  My introductory game play and club selection was at an advantage because I already know what my distance and control goals are.  

I loved the game right out of the gate, and there was no way in hell I was going to use the starter clubs and balls when there is a BB driver available.  My decision was to either invest in the clubs, or quit this game before I started.

As for knowing what clubs to buy, I purchased a Big Bertha because it is my favorite club in real golf.  didn't really matter, at the time, if it was the best on here I planned to get it the moment I leveled up to qualify for it. Also, I read about the ghost manta putter in a forum and it had great reviews so I rented it, liked it, and purchased it.  

I am extremely satisfied with this game and it is worth the investment in clubs, and now I will work to level and continue to post whatever I feel like posting because, number one, "I-can" and number two, there are other people who I imagine are struggling at the beginner level who won’t understand the garbage coming out of upper tier players who have no other life but the one in this game and lord their experience and Level over lower tier players.  

Just maybe other players need to hear from someone closer to their level about how they can remove bogeys from their scorecards rather than be told that it will take 5 years to get -15 each game.  In real golf, no-one scores what people can score on here. Jordan Speith and Tigar Woods are tied for a record of (-18) at the Masters, "Which is a 4 day (72 hole) 280 par tournament.  Thats -18 of 280.  

Nuff said, I love the game too much to leave the forums because insecure people need validation from their peers.

Good Luck and best regards,

• jeremygrogan
    22 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 3:40 AM

lonniescott711:

"Also once you move back on the tees another time or two you will see how useless what you now think you know is."

@ lonniescott711

You are certainly oblivious to much of what players at a new level can experience.  I play mostly brackets and you should know that Brackets at the tourPro Level are at random tees (Red, White, Blue, Black), random wind (2-4; to 30-33), and random Green speeds Fast-9, to Tournament 12.8).

My current scores on here are based on random tees, random wind, and random Green speeds.  Infact, I have played holes that I cannot even reach the fairway from the black tee because my level of club distance won’t reach from that spot.  I have had to analyze and pick which portion of rough what the best to land in, and can still achieve par with a birdy opportunity.

I have played all the courses over and over again with all varying conditions, and tees. I rarely play ranked stroke games at the White tee with my normal green speed.  Your argument that My scores are where they are because of easy course conditions is a fallacy.  

Please don’t just argue here for the sake of arguing.  If you have a real case, present it, but since you obviously do not know what conditions were present in my ranked games, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I am a legitimate new player, and I have a 68 average, which is based on random conditions which I won’t even know about until after I have locked in my club selection and begun my round.

Nice Try,

How about instead of posting a response to this by finding another thing to argue about, how about we have a discussion regarding great lay-ups and how to reduce bogeys?

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 8:39 AM

jeremygrogan:

TopShelf2010:

razza31:

lonniescott711:
    From day 1 which was Aug. 11 I see that you began renting clubs . Most players dont even know that there is a pro shop or how to rent clubs on day 1 .

Lol.. you do realize there's a big pop up to rent unlocked equipment every time you level up!

You are missing the point Raz. Right out of the gate, the player in question knew exactly what to purchase/rent... on Day 1. How can someone who has never played this game have the knowledge of what equipment in needed?

Do not get me wrong, the "tips" that were posted in the OP are some great tips. This is not what we have been questioning. We have been questioning how so much information was gathered from a player with less than 30 days of being in the game.

Don

For the haters that have been posting here about the legitimacy of my account and my status;  I play real golf and understand course management in the “Game of Golf."  I love WGT because it is almost totally accurate in its physics and mechanics.  As a Golfer, I know where to lay up the ball and when to take an aggressive or safe approach, I know where I want to be on the green, and it is certainly easier to accomplish on WGT, than in real life.  My introductory game play and club selection was at an advantage because I already know what my distance and control goals are.  

I loved the game right out of the gate, and there was no way in hell I was going to use the starter clubs and balls when there is a BB driver available.  My decision was to either invest in the clubs, or quit this game before I started.

As for knowing what clubs to buy, I purchased a Big Bertha because it is my favorite club in real golf.  didn't really matter, at the time, if it was the best on here I planned to get it the moment I leveled up to qualify for it. Also, I read about the ghost manta putter in a forum and it had great reviews so I rented it, liked it, and purchased it.  

I am extremely satisfied with this game and it is worth the investment in clubs, and now I will work to level and continue to post whatever I feel like posting because, number one, "I-can" and number two, there are other people who I imagine are struggling at the beginner level who won’t understand the garbage coming out of upper tier players who have no other life but the one in this game and lord their experience and Level over lower tier players.  

Just maybe other players need to hear from someone closer to their level about how they can remove bogeys from their scorecards rather than be told that it will take 5 years to get -15 each game.  In real golf, no-one scores what people can score on here. Jordan Speith and Tigar Woods are tied for a record of (-18) at the Masters, "Which is a 4 day (72 hole) 280 par tournament.  Thats -18 of 280.  

Nuff said, I love the game too much to leave the forums because insecure people need validation from their peers.

Good Luck and best regards,

You go Jeremy.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 8:50 AM

garypinhunter:
    You go Jeremy.

Definitely like his attitude.  :-)

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 9:21 AM

YankeeJim:

garypinhunter:
    You go Jeremy.

Definitely like his attitude.  :-)

Spot on Jim, he has a great attitude towards the game.

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 12:45 PM

jeremygrogan:

lonniescott711:

"Also once you move back on the tees another time or two you will see how useless what you now think you know is."

@ lonniescott711

You are certainly oblivious to much of what players at a new level can experience.  I play mostly brackets and you should know that Brackets at the tourPro Level are at random tees (Red, White, Blue, Black), random wind (2-4; to 30-33), and random Green speeds Fast-9, to Tournament 12.8).

My current scores on here are based on random tees, random wind, and random Green speeds.  Infact, I have played holes that I cannot even reach the fairway from the black tee because my level of club distance won’t reach from that spot.  I have had to analyze and pick which portion of rough what the best to land in, and can still achieve par with a birdy opportunity.

I have played all the courses over and over again with all varying conditions, and tees. I rarely play ranked stroke games at the White tee with my normal green speed.  Your argument that My scores are where they are because of easy course conditions is a fallacy.  

Please don’t just argue here for the sake of arguing.  If you have a real case, present it, but since you obviously do not know what conditions were present in my ranked games, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I am a legitimate new player, and I have a 68 average, which is based on random conditions which I won’t even know about until after I have locked in my club selection and begun my round.

Nice Try,

How about instead of posting a response to this by finding another thing to argue about, how about we have a discussion regarding great lay-ups and how to reduce bogeys?

very well said Jeremy...

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 7:19 AM

jeremygrogan:

lonniescott711:

@ lonniescott711

Nice Try,

No Im not oblivious to anything I have been playing now for 5 years so I do think that I know a little bit about the game .The only brackets that are random will be tierless brackets .  Your score history shows that you are playing only Tour Pro brackets not tierless  All tiered brackets are played from respective tees and conditions . This is per WGT .

So all of this random settings that you are playing are not with this account . They arent cc events as the score history would show this . If you are playing all of the courses over and over then its in practice rounds not ranked . If your rounds were ranked your score history would show it . Also you have only been here for 30 days now dude and you are averaging 2-3 ranked rounds a day .

So all of your posted scores are from respective tees and tier conditions . You can say what you want but every one knows that what Im saying is true . You are playing from the second easiest tees in the game period . You cant make yourself out to be any more than you are . So far everything that you have said is a lie and nothing more . I have no need to argue but I will speak the truth . About the only truth about you is your average and thats all .

Now as for great lay ups other than the occasional par 5 I have no need to play one . I use them as chasing eagles is no longer on my list of things to do . To reduce bogeys learn how to putt just that simple . Take bunkers and water out of play as much as possible . Most risk reward shots are around 75% -25% in favor of the course and WGT .

So there you go guy there is everything I need to say about the entire issue . Im done you have nothing to prove to me . Sorry if my brutal honesty has offended you it was not my intention to do so . So if you feel that I have berated you or disrespected in any way then for that I apologize . I call it the way that I see it and thats just the way it is . There is a thread titled " Advice for New Players " use the search box >>>>> and post your information there . It will refresh the thread and also you may find it a good read .

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 9:40 AM

lonniescott711:

I have been playing now for 5 years so I do think that I know a little bit about the game .The only brackets that are random will be tierless brackets .  Your score history shows that you are playing only Tour Pro brackets not tierless  All tiered brackets are played from respective tees and conditions . This is per WGT .

So all of this random settings that you are playing are not with this account . They arent cc events as the score history would show this

This is actually the opposite. Tierless brackets are played from the player's respective tees with varied conditions. The tiered ones can be different tees with varied conditions.

lonniescott711:
    You can say what you want but every one knows that what Im saying is true .

Most of the posts in this thread seems to indicate differently.

RSS