209 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 8:27 AM

I have created an excel file for putting speeds

Here!

Enjoy :)

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 9:24 AM

You've putt a lot of work into that Ezzy, very nicely done and thanks for sharing it.  : )

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 10:24 AM

Thank you Scott,

Actually all my shots are calculated on Excel.  After mapping all my irons & about 75% of all the shots ... I enter my distance, elevation, wind & direction ... and I can choose my shot.

Same for Pitch, punch, Sand shots, etc.  Hopefully my averages will go up (in Stats) now that I am implementing this more.

Makes for a lot of fun for this Engineer ;)

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 10:52 AM

Ezzy123450:

Thank you Scott,

Actually all my shots are calculated on Excel.  After mapping all my irons & about 75% of all the shots ... I enter my distance, elevation, wind & direction ... and I can choose my shot.

Same for Pitch, punch, Sand shots, etc.  Hopefully my averages will go up (in Stats) now that I am implementing this more.

Makes for a lot of fun for this Engineer ;)

Very cool, well done. Gary

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 2:03 PM

Looks cool! Can I get edit access to change meter numbers. What is that % for to the right of the meter #'s?

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2016 3:30 PM

Sory, but I keep it locked.

please download it, or copy each tab into your own excel file ... or send me your email address and ask for an excel file (to: ezso425@gmail.com)

I'm happy to share with everyone :)

As for the % to the right of the meter numbers ... that is your meter percent to hit the shot.

Cheers,

Ezzy

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 4:36 AM

I should have mentioned ...

Adjust your greenspeed so that you regularly have a distance about 2ft past the hole (check on a flat putt of about 30ft (St. Andrews #1 or #9 work well)

As you all know ... short putts miss 100% of the time ;)

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 12:06 PM

How to use the spreadsheet:

- First, download it, copy it, or ask me for your own excel file so you have it locally on your computer.

- Next, enter your meter numbers in the yellow cells so they match the options of your putter.

- No you need to calibrate ... go to a nice flat green (St. A's #1 or 9)? and set up a relatively flat 30+ foot putt. (IN PRACTICE MODE) ... then set the green speed, distance & elevation & hit the shot (DO NOT AIM TO MAKE THE SHOT)  adjust the green speed so your shot travels about 2ft past the distance you have (Distance + Elevation) ... you can do this for all green speeds, or just one (I suggest 12 or 13 speed depending on which is more important to you)

- from now on, you start a round by entering the green speed (plus/minus your own offset)

- Enter the distance and elevation of each putt, and use the percentage for whatever meter you like (Blue cells).

please read all the notes I have on the sheet so you don't have too many problems.  As always, this tool is NOT perfect, and you will learn how to make your own adjustments to make it work better for you.

Enjoy :)

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 1:16 PM

Looks great. Thank you for sharing.

- Mark

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 9:38 PM

Ezzy123450:

Sory, but I keep it locked.

please download it, or copy each tab into your own excel file ... or send me your email address and ask for an excel file (to: ezso425@gmail.com)

I'm happy to share with everyone :)

As for the % to the right of the meter numbers ... that is your meter percent to hit the shot.

Cheers,

Ezzy

That's okay. I have my putt meters mapped. And the multipliers for the green speeds for flat putts, uphill and downhill putts. I'll use my out dated hand calculator. lol

• PAGES
RSS