Forums

Help › Forums

The WGT IRC Community (19th Hole)

Sat, Apr 16 2011 12:30 PM (38 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 5:36 PM

I'm here to say that Niv's instructions were spot on...  took me all of 5.8 seconds to get up and chatting....

17:33 +++ Gazz has given voice to Snaike
    17:33 <drivnchaos> sup snaike
    17:33 <Gazz> hi Snaike
    17:33 <Snaike> Not a damn thing.. just thought I'd pop in to see why the others couldn't....
    17:34 <salamii> snaike
    17:34 <salamii> whats up
    17:34 <Snaike> So, Niv's instructions were spot on.. cuz if i can do it, lol.....
    17:35 <Gazz> seems a lot easier now for ppl to join

So, what's keeping the rest of you slackers from joining us???

• TW1432
    130 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2009 2:13 PM

I would like to try it sometime!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 3:30 PM

Switched link on the first page to http://gamesurge.net/javachat

Please see instructions on page 1 of this thread if you wish to connect!

JavaChat seems to be a bit more user friendly and it also displays everyone on the channel regardless of whether they are idle or not.  Mibbit would hide anyone who hadn't spoken in 5 minutes time and would make the channel appear to be empty at times.

Unless Java causes you issues, I'd recommend using it going forward.

Also, the #1 reason people can't complete the instructions on the first page is because they are using a backslash ( \ ) instead of a forward slash ( / ).  Forward slash is the one under the question mark.  Make sure you're entering the commands with the correct slash. =)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 4:32 PM

Added a third option for the mibbit chat in case anyone who was already comfortable with it doesn't like the JavaChat.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 6:02 AM

Yo Niv... Option #2 link is wrong bud, you have it linked to ...ge.net/chat/  It should be ...ge.net/javachat/

(text is correct, link is wrong)

Lee

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 6:23 AM

When you connect and find yourself in the romm what do the green symbols to the left of the name mean?

Do you have to get "allowed" to chat?

In the room watching what's going on and it looks like nivlac has to do something to activate the chat part-is this right? If so, how do you say "I'm here!"

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 6:50 AM

OIY! Nevermind....just wasn't being patient  

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 11:02 AM

Fixed link to JavaChat in Option #2 so it actually sends you to JavaChat instead of mibbit.

Thanks Lee!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:58 PM

Updated the Mibbit online client link and moved it to Option #2 on the front page.  The Mibbit link now puts you directly into the #WGT channel.  No need to type any commands.  Just click the link and you're there!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 6:52 PM

We now have a fancy trivia bot to play when you're taking a break from WGT!

Stop in and check it out sometime! =D

RSS