Forums

Help › Forums

The WGT IRC Community (19th Hole)

Sat, Apr 16 2011 12:30 PM (38 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2009 8:16 PM

I'm there 24/7 so if the channel is empty you're definitely on the wrong channel or the wrong server.  You should see Gazz, me and a thing called Chanserv.

Next time type /msg nivlac hey! I'm here and that'll send me a message.  If I don't respond right away, just minimize (not close) mIRC and look at it again in 15 minutes. It usually doesn't take me long to respond.  If I don't respond at all or it tells you I'm not connected then you're most likely on the wrong server.

Also it's not "/connect", it's actually "/server"... I changed the OP to reflect that.  So when you open mIRC, close the favorites box and type

/server irc.gamesurge.net 6667

/join #WGT

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 3:47 PM

Welcome Hard3 & Jarid to the IRC family! :D

Want to join us?  Just follow the instructions on the first page!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2009 9:48 PM

Welcome ChristopherPye to the family!

We'll all be sitting in there chatting it up while we're waiting for tonight's update to release, so now's the best time ever to come and join us on #WGT!  Just follow the instructions in the first post, you'll be up and running in 5 minutes!

See you there!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 11:14 AM

There's a new, non-download way to get into IRC now!

Alternative non-download option:

1.  http://gamesurge.net/chat/

2.  Type /join #WGT

3.  Once connected, type /nick <your name> to set your name.

4.  Click the word IDLERS on the right hand side to display who's in the channel.

5.  That's it!

There's no client to download, it functions right within your browser.  Stop by and hang out with us in the 19th hole today!

• bluebelly83
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 6:30 PM

You guys should all do this.  The new easy way took me like 10 seconds to get in and start chatting tonight!

DO IT!  

-blue

• CharFar
    7 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 2:37 PM

I got on to the chat page w 69 idlers, said "hello" and got nothing. Didn't see anyone alse chatting either.  I'm lost.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 3:01 PM

Charlie, you are on the wrong page.  It should say 7 idlers.  make sure  spelling  is correct   /join  #WGT    then hit enter. upper right  it should say  7 idlers. click on that

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 3:22 PM

Thanks Sal.

• JasonAlligood
    3 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 3:43 PM

sorry this made no sense.  i got in and then tried typing what i was supposed to and nothing happened.  what am i doing wrong

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 3:58 PM

If you're referring to Option #2....

You click the link that is shown.  It will deposit you into a chat room automatically, but that one isn't ours.  It's the Welcome chat room for GameSurge which is the default room for any new connections.

In the text bar at the bottom you type in /join #WGT

That's the command to get yourself on the channel.  Make sure you are using a forward slash (/) and not a backslash (\).  Also make sure you have the # in front of WGT.

This has been growing in popularity quite a bit recently, so I 'll start working on some picture tutorials to ease the process.

RSS