Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links vs Craven Dale Country Club

Tue, Sep 20 2016 1:30 AM (57 replies)
  • wtiger22
    1,027 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2016 1:17 PM

i have just completed my match with Penglish

This was a real high quality match where birdies were needed just to get a half at most holes.

we actually halved most of the holes but having made the turn 1 shot up i was quickly hauled back by a great birdie on 10 to level the scores.

the crucial hole was 11 where i made my once a round mess of a 5 foot putt costing me the hole, from that point onwards i was simply never given the chance to atone.

some great approach play was backed up with some magical putting - typified by the sinking of a 38 footer around a bend on green number 17 to finally wrap things up

a super contest played in a great spirit and a deserved victory for S.E.L.

Penglish wins 2 up after 17

a very very enjoyable contest

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2016 1:48 PM

paulenglish beats wtiger22 2up

first of all what a decent chap mike is and also a decent player to match. the game could of swung either way but i think it was decided by a couple of 30ft + putts from myself, got lucky i guess. i normally love the first 5 holes but i just couldnt get going and mike was playing well. mike took a deserved lead on hole 6 and although i started playing bettter i just couldnt peg him back as he held a few long putts. 
    i started to get my game together on the b9 and hit a dart on 10 to go all square. on 11 i took a one shot lead after mike was unlucky missing a short one, and the game ended as i got lucky and held a 38ft putt on 17. game could of gone either way, just my night tonight, thanks mike for being a gent and giving me a great game

• bladelad
    147 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2016 1:55 PM

Just played my match with SPINO1, he won 6 up.

A very good player, a good sport and a gentleman.

bladelad    (Craven Dale CC).

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2016 10:23 PM

Shedlite (L) (USA) vs Tex0213 (L) (USA)

Great game great fun was a pleasure to play

trade a few holes on F9 and at turn AS, a couple of missed putts and going into 17 Nick was 2up  both our drives missed pin by 40+ft his putt fell short mine missed cup by inches and rolled past we halved the hole Tex 0213 wins 2up on 17

• tcurr45
    257 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 1:59 PM

Didanz (L) (NZL) vs TCurr45 (L)(USA).... TCurr45 wins match 5 up... Didanz was an awesome opponent and really enjoyed playing with him. 

• DCS1411
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2016 6:55 AM

I just finished a matchplay game with EdwinJill...he is a really nice guy! Together we investigated bunkers, high grass, elevations and swirling  winds. The sky was so beautifully blue and it stayed sunny till the last hole. Before ending our match we drunk a nice glass of fresh cold..well..drinks before ending the last hole. Actually it was more a fun and friendgame with lots of mistakes from both sides and in the end EdwinJill won 2 up. I gonna have to get my putter repaird since it's off guard..misses between 1-3 inches quite often. In the end...I got a new golfbuddy/-friend as bonus.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 8:10 AM

Just wanted to give a shout out to both teams if i can. I know match not finished but reading our forum it shows that all games have been played in a fitting manner.

Special thanks to the both Captains, as i know there was some match changing along the way, which took a lot of their time up. 

We had another game (and still have), with Grande Oaks at the same time so i dont know how Nico managed to cope, so thanks to Wtiger (Mike) for his help.

Bubbs

• DAVEGZ
    1,265 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 3:07 PM

Played my game with an old friend Poppagolf Mark, It was an enjoyable match with a friend from a couple of years ago when i was a SEL member, the game was very close on both sides both missing hole winning putts but hey thats golf for ya i told Mark this might be a very short game but i suprised myself by keeping at him and putting the pressure on every putt he made. he was a gentleman and a scholar as he has always been and we even had a laugh on the way round the course. Oh and the score was 3&2 to SEL.

Well done Mark and a priveledge to play and talk to you again my friend, Take care of yourself and mum when she comes out of hospital.

Thanks to both Captains for putting on a good show and well done all who took part.

Cheers DAVEGZ.

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 11:50 PM

Just played johnlewis01. We enjoyed the match and unfortunately for John( only just advancing to legend) he was always going to struggle on Chambers with his inferior equipment.

We chatted on how to improve his game and im sure in the near future he certainly will be a force to reckon with. Thanks for the match mate. Bluey wins 8 & 7.

• tcurr45
    257 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2016 11:33 AM

played my match with paulfinn today. had a good time both of us missed some shots we shouldnt have but he won 4up after 15. 

RSS