Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links vs Craven Dale Country Club

Tue, Sep 20 2016 1:30 AM (57 replies)
  • DAVEGZ
    1,265 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 4:24 PM

Iv'e played my match with Subsignal and he beat me 2&1, it was an excellent match, only a couple of wayward shots from both of us and 2 wrong meter putts 1 from each of us.

I took the lead for 13 holes from hole 3 then the wheels fell off at the 15th we were all square then Klaus birdied 15th, 16th & 17th to win the match 2&1,good chat and good golf from both of us. well done Klaus in a very tightly fought game. Klaus was good company to play with and hope we stay friends and play a couple of round now and then, was a pleasure to meet and play with you Klaus.

Dave.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 4:25 PM

ErniWhoEls:

Hi gents,

Ernie is a tad confused, first time I try this so please forgive me if I'm asking all the wrong questions. 

I sent GeraldRoos a friend request and he accepted, it appeared in my Profile say we are now friends. But when I go to his page there is no button to send a message, just "+Add as Friend".

How do I contact him?

Cheers

Ernie 

Hi Ernie! I see you have well over 200 friends. Our system is really only built for each user to have up to 200 friends. Once you reach 200+ friends our system can cause problems creating errors like the one you have described. If you can limit your friends list back down below 200 it should clear the error. 

_CHAMPION

• bry63
    47 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 11:58 PM

• DDalsass
    97 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 8:24 AM

Played my match with Pip.    Had a great time.   Love playing these and meeting good people from other clubs.     Pip played very well and I lipped out many putts.    To both clubs, thanks for setting this up.

Denny (ddalsass)

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 8:45 AM

Thank you Denny and great to meet you, you're a gentleman and a great sport, it was a pleasure.

You had some cruel luck on the greens on the front 9, i'm not sure how a couple of those putts didn't drop. You played a lot better than the result would suggest hitting some lovely approaches but those lippers cost you.

Thanks for the game Denny and thank you to both captains for organising this. Best of luck to those yet to play

Pip

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 12:19 PM

KenBTexas (TL) (USA) vs 19thHole1st (L) (USA)

AJ and I had a good,  long, fun match.

Chambers Bay can be brutal in the wind and windy it was.

We both played fair and AJ was one up at the turn.

We both missed our eagles at the last and it was off to extra holes. 

We birdied the first two and AJ lipped out his bird on the third OT hole.

KenBTexas wins in extra holes.

Thank you AJ and I look forward to playing again soon..

KenB

• andyi45
    304 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 12:30 PM

andyi45 wins 6 up v andyaellis

A good game with Andy who had no luck at all on the greens otherwise it would have been much closer. Enjoyed the game and the chat.

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 12:40 PM

I just played my match against JimBeauC from USA. I was 3 Up after 3 holes, but it included a 6 footer he CC'ed by mistake. I gave him a 13ft putt back on the 5th, to go back to 2up. Jim started to play solidly hereafter and I was thinking I might rue the decision later in the game. I however held my 3Up advantage up until the 15th where I sand a 23ft to win 4&3. Great gentleman to have a round with.

• FATTY501
    9,445 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 1:22 PM

I just played the fine gentleman Ian1311 who was a great advocate for SEL.  It was all square the first 4 holes when on the 5th I landed a very lucky positioned shot which took me one in front, the next few holes were all square and Ian really put me through my paces, I was shaking like a leaf lol, On the 12th hole was the turning point, having had a lousy approach shot, it was do or die time so decided to try a wedge putt as the putt was so hard for me to read the putt went about 28 yards and went in the hole.

I received a wow from Ian lol as he tapped his 1 foot away from the hole approach shot in.

We then had a couple of very tight holes when Ian had an unfortunate land in the bunker, he had a mare on that hole, when taking his putt I think the putter had given him a 20ft putter and not a 10 and he conceded the hole to me - we finished the game on the 16th hole I finished 3 up and for the first time in ages got round chambers without getting any sand in my pants.

Sent Ian some balls he was such a great player

Sue xx

• FATTY501
    9,445 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 1:32 PM

hi 

i'm ready now been in hospital

johnod8

Andyaellis

I lost again 6 & 5. Can WE PLEASE play a different course next time!!!

Andy

tmartinell

Played my match against Harry821, a really nice guy from the London area so a lot of football talk, unfortunately he supported  Spurs Mike ;), I started quite ok were three up after five holes but I dropped those before 9. Made two bad stroke at 17 so he could win the hole then I missed my birdie putt on 18 to take it to extra holes. But a real fun game, thanks for the company Harry

RSS