Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links vs Craven Dale Country Club

Tue, Sep 20 2016 1:30 AM (57 replies)
  • DCS1411
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 8:13 AM

As you guessed I played Daveshore and won with 3&1. Nice match and friendly puttingtraining for both of us :) nice for the future anyway

Dirk

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 10:57 AM

can someone get a message to iron62 for me please

have sent a message and posted on his page but havnt had a reply yet,he has friended me,would like to get a date and time to play

thx

paul

• wtiger22
    1,027 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 1:33 PM

i will pass on your message Paul

i have just completed my game with Amatuer4sure (Chris) - a superb game which looked extremely unlikely as he started off by holing out from off the green at hole number 1 and basically continued in that vein for the whole of the front 9

i made the turn 3 down and was looking at a real walloping - i did manage a brief revival to reduce the arrears to 1 shot very briefly 

however by the time that Chris almost holed his bunker shot on the 17th green i was already drawing dead!

a wonderful game with a wonderful guy...the banter and conversation was fantastic all the way around the course and the 17 holes seemed to whistle by

i am already looking forward to my next game with Chris - so from my point of view, it's a case of match lost but friend very much gained!

thanks again for the game chris - a truly deserved victory

S.E.L win by 2 shots

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 1:43 PM

Mike you beat me to the punch my friend, What a wonderful game and played in the true spirit of Fun, Humility, Banter, Some great golf but more so ......... A new friend..!

A wonderfully enjoyable game regardless of score, I wanted the game to last another hour, What a lovely bloke Mike is and I`m now glad to call him a friend, Awesome!!!

Mike said it all, Nearly............................. What he failed to mention was some of his approach shots, Wow, Seriously great shots, Hole  7 to within a yard, best I have seen!!... Superb.!

I can`t remember hole numbers but if Mikes putter had been working half as well as his Irons/Wood the outcome would have been totally reversed I believe..

Brilliant game, Top company, True Gent and now a friend, Beauty!!!!.

Thank Mike , A total pleasure bro and a friend gained indeed...!!!

• Frits
    584 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 3:33 PM

Unfortunately Pissoff66  had to pull out, I volunteered to play against Brian (BCGreer), we met online, became friends and had both the time to play immediately!

We had a great match and fight. Brian is very nice guy and tough to play.

He won the first hole with a surprising drive (other fairway, and easy shot to the green). With a lot of luck on my side a couple of holes were halved. On six I won the hole and my play was getting a little better.  My putter was hot and Brian's putter was getting colder and colder. I made 2 eagles and getting in the winning mood when I was 4 up after 12.

But suddenly Brian found his game and won hole after hole, so it was AS after 17!  He played so strong and made great shots.

On 18 we both had not an easy putt. I was very fortunate in making it (my wife woke up from the scream I made) and sadly Brian missed it just. So final result is: Frits wins with 1 up.

The result is nice but more important was the nice fight, the chatting. I really enjoyed. Thanks Brian. I hope you will give me the honour to play another time.

• Billd1994
    18 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 5:22 PM

Let me start by saying thank you to the folks who put all the hard work into setting this up.

You guys are great and make belonging to a club worth while.

Had a chance to play my match with Teeitupjb65, (James), tonight and enjoyed getting together, chatting and playing with him...Great guy from the great Republic of Texas, and I look forward to getting together with him in the future for some more games.. CB was not very kind to either of us tonight. As usual for me, just making par was an effort on this track, but I somehow took a 4up lead into the turn. James came at me on 12 with a sweet eagle to  cut it to 3up but then we started trading pars until 15 where the match ended on a tough sand shot for James...Score doesn't do this one justice. Match was much closer than it seems..

In the end Billd1994 wins 4up/3, but it could have easily gone the other way. Can't wait to meet up again James for some alt action

• GeorgeF2
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 12:12 PM

Just had an amazing game against Mick aka Spanishfox,

managed to pinch it on the 17th,

finished 1 up fortunately,

would like to wish Mick and all SEL members every success in the future,

Yours in sport,

George.

• Frits
    584 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 1:14 PM

Had a very nice game with Mike (Mike9950). He is really GOOD! My game was not. But even when my game would have been good, he would have easily won. In Holland we say that he killed me with "butter and sugar", but I doubt that is a good English expression.

Despite my loss, I really enjoyed our match, Mike is great gentleman and I hope he will someday give me the opportunity for a rematch. Thanks Mike!

Final result: Mike won with 5 up

• Spanishfox
    17 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 1:16 PM

Hi Everyone, Had a great match tonight I lost going down by 1 hole a Great birdie on the 17th bt George F2,  These game are so much fun Well played again George.

The Fox

• Teeitupjb65
    189 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 6:37 PM

I agree with Bill and want to thank the Directors of the two CCs that put this match together.  These matches are really great fun and it's always fun to play matches and meet new friends.

I thoroughly enjoyed my match with Bill even though he put a good whupping on me.  I have to say CB never treats me very nice and last night was no different.  Started the round by hanging a putt on the edge of the hole, it must have peeked in and said no way I'm going down there :).  Downhill from there for me:(.  Bill played an excellent game and avoided some of the devious hazards that CB can throw at you and took the match 4up/3. We had a great chat during the game and  it was great to make a new friend.  I'm sure we will hook up again in the near future.

RSS