Forums

Help › Forums

Grande Oaks Golf Club v Southern England Links

Sun, Sep 18 2016 5:44 PM (78 replies)
  • andyi45
    304 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 7:42 AM

andyi45 lost 4 down to rfpoul

A good game with Remi who played too well for me today. Enjoyed the game though and will hopefully play again sometime.

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 1:01 PM

Had a great game with Cory,hope we play again soon and really was nothin much between us i went into the back 9 with a 1 up lead and i think the defining moment was cory,s approach to 10 hit the flag and rolled back off the green,Cory then parred and i birdied,was a 4&3 win for SEL and tyvm for the game m8

• shing1
    443 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 7:31 AM

just played greg466, i won 1up in a close game

greg started slow n i was 3up at the turn but greg got better on the back n i was hanging on a bit to claim the victory

gg greg was a pleasure, gl to everyone else who still has to play

no pressure honestly...lol

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 7:20 AM

• ian1311
    17 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 12:03 PM

Hi does UNGCPoker go by another name on cant find him on search?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 1:10 PM

ian1311:

Hi does UNGCPoker go by another name on cant find him on search?

Sorry, my fault, here he is UNCGPoker

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 1:23 PM

Managed to play nbtrouble(Lloyd)He was awake at 5am his time lol..... Any way i rushed into a 2 shot lead and managed to hold it until the 9th where he pulled one back, we traded the same quality blows until 15 where i got metered, so all sq... i restored the lead on 16 after Lloyds caddy gave him the wrong club and the ball flew past the green, although i only had a tap in left for bird. I got robbed on 17 where the game looked like it was going to finish,but the ball and cup had other ideas... So 1 up on the 18th ! We exchanged thank yous etc and Lloyd spoilt it by holing a 30ft eagle putt. AS ! 1ST extra hole i was early and found the nasty stuff 40/50% 84 yrds away. Lloyd poised in the middle of fairway goes 1st and was 20ft short, oooo i thought,hitting a flat 100yrd wedge i barely made the green...Fortunately with not a lot of break i tapped in my 24 ft birdie leaving Lloyd a 20 ft swinger which pulled up shy.

Really enjoyable game with another gent ! 

SPINO1 WINS 1UP (1ST EXTRA)

• BCGreer
    15 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 3:53 PM

Just finished my match with amkmax and  here's a hole by hole report.

1. Both Max and I came out firing. Max stuck his approach to about 6 feet but a lil high and right of pin. I stuck mine inside 5 feet and about pin high and left of pin. Max just slid his by and I snuck that tricky lil bender in for a birdie and a 1up lead. BCGreer 1UP.

2. Max put his approach in the sand and I put mine  in middle of green. Max hit a brilliant bunker shot to less than two feet and my eagle putt just rolled past. BCGreer 1UP.

3. Hit probably my worst approach of the match and was about 30 feet away. max had about 14 feet for birdie and just missed. BCGreer 1UP.

4. Both hit approaches to within 5 feet, but both had tricky benders. Neither of us capitalized. BCGreer 1UP.

5. Max hit another really tee shot and had about 7-8 feet for birdie. I almost made 20 footer but just slid past. Again max just barely missed birdie. BCGreer 1 up.

6. Both hit decent approaches at the par 5. Both barely missed 20ish ft eagles. BCGreer 1UP.

7. Again both of us hit really good shots into green about 2 yards away from hole. I snuck mine in and Max lipped his out. BCGreer 2UP.

8. On the 8th I threw another dart to within 5 feet. And finished off the birdie to take hole. BCGreer 3UP.

9. Both missed birdie attempts from inside 20 feet. BCGreer 3UP.

10. Stuck approach to within 7 feet. Max again barely missed birdie from 25ft +. I ended up missing tricky bender and both conceded the pars. BCGreer 3UP.

11. Another approach for me inside 6 feet. Max left himself about 10 feet and again barely missed birdie on the edge. This time I focused a bit more as I irritated at the last semi-shorty i missed and got this one to drop. BCGreer 4UP.

12. I played my tee shot safe and was about 20ish feet to right of pin. Max ended up in rough just left of green. He hit a great pitch and left it about a foot short. I hit putt and just barely rolled by. Pars conceded. BCGreer 4UP.

13. Left approach short of pin about 5 yards but knew putt was pretty straight from there. Max again ended up in rough but has a really good game out of it. Ended up missing the birdie putt and pars again conceded. BCGreer 4UP.

14. Both ended up in bottom left corner of green after 3rd shots. Max decided to pitch his and just came up a lil short. I decided to putt and came up just a lil long. Again pars conceded. BCGreer 4UP.

15. Put my approach about 11 feet away and Max ended up long in rough. He was pretty sure he needed his pitch to go in and gave it chance but rolled by the hole and kept rolling to about 9 or so feet. Knowing I just needed to tie the hole I babied mine up and left it about 4 inches on the high side. Max did end up making the par saver but conceded the tap in for the match.

BCGreer wins the match 4&3.

I will say that this match could have been completely different had Max's putter not let him down just a bit. I enjoyed the match and company. Thanks for the game Max.

• mikewilleford
    1,544 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 5:33 PM

Sry Ian just saw this but you got him

Mike

• jpm1234
    43 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 6:30 PM

RacinRay75 and I finished out match a short while ago.  Ray is a nice guy and a gentleman to play with.  

It was a good match -- Ray took a +1 lead on 3, then I got it back to AS on 5.  Stayed that way until 10 when I went +1, but Ray got it back on 12.  I went +1 again on 13, then +2 on 15, and finally +3 on 17 for the match.  

Ray was good to play a match with.  He ran into a little difficulty on the back side -- but Chambers is tough that way.

John  

RSS