Grande Oaks Golf Club v Southern England Links

Sun, Sep 18 2016 5:44 PM (78 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 3:19 PM

• EricJV
    1,320 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 8:09 PM

I beat jpm1234 (John) 2 UP. Very good match. Back and forth. John is a very nice guy and it was a pleasure.

Eric

• Harry281
    5 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 2:13 AM

Sorry guys, lost by 2 against Mike, still an enjoyable game and at one stage I was 2 up. For the first time ever I lost my reverse screen shot on the greens but thats no excuse because my irons kept laying up short. Good luck to Mike he fully desreved the win, great banter and a gentleman

Regards

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 4:46 AM

i

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 4:49 AM

Beryman:

PAULFINN52:
    make that 8-3 paul

surprising tally !

dont think its surprising at all  friend,

SEL have always been a class team but with the new influx of top players,they have become a force to be reckoned and would give any team on wgt a game,

its thx to the backroom staff who keep everyone on their toes and never play forward tees,

i found that tough to start with but it has really  improved my game which makes it better when you are playing inter cc matchplay.

so no not surprising really.

finny

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 7:45 AM

Just had my butt handed to me by Dave. He won 5&4. Dave is a strong player and a fun guy to have a bash with. Lots of chat back and forth, good humour and that was at an early time for him. I look forward to giving him a rematch.

Good luck to everybody left to play.

I'm off to the locker room to brush the boot prints off me behind lol

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 8:08 AM

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 2:05 PM

paul english beats jresh0817 1 up

wow what a battle against one of the best putters i have come across. didnt matter where my opponent landed on the green he just wasnt missing. he held some cracking 30ft plus putts, was a pleasure to watch.
    the game never had more than one shot in it all the way through. really intense but good fun against a person who plays the game in the right way. i think the only differance was the two eagles i got which made the differance, but i felt for jresh on the last. i held a 28ft eagle putt and he had a 11ft putt to take the game to extra holes, unbelievable his ball did a 360 around the hole a stayed out. lucky for me.
    sorry to the lads watching on twitch, had to turn it off after 9 holes as the meter was awful.
    good luck to the rest of the sel team

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 2:27 PM

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 2:46 PM

Yo Paul.................. What happened to number 8 lol

RSS