Forums

Help › Forums

Grande Oaks Golf Club v Southern England Links

Sun, Sep 18 2016 5:44 PM (78 replies)
  • Borat74
    2,788 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 2:56 PM

Got excited chris but hes blob on,been some great match ups and most have only been sd,1up or 2 up wins,incredible.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2016 1:59 AM

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2016 3:57 PM

So Played my game with Rick, XXXXXX lol.... What an absolute pleasure!!

Super fun game with some great play but the highlight of the round went to Rick when he hit a fantastic ACE to pull a shot back after I took a 2 up lead on B9.

Front 9 so tight, Birdies all the way and all square..

B9 was a different course altogether .. I birdied 10th and 11th to go 2 up, Then that bloody HIO lmao not sure if 13 or 14 but absolutely superb shot!!!
    Rick made a superb putt to birdie next hole bringing game A/S...

It stayed that way until the 18th with some lovely Saves/Pars/Birds..

18th Tailwind I tried my best to reach and the swine left me on the green over 30ft away, Rick hit a sweet wood to within 3yards!
    I missed my putt by a tad bu Rick nailed a lovely putt for an Eagle and a well deserved win..!

Rick wins 1 up well done mate, Super guy, Super player!, Great fun and a great new friend!

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2016 4:00 PM

SIDE NOTE...

I just want to thank all the guys behind the scenes that organize these awesome events...!

Top drawer folks and very, Very much appreciated indeed...

The Match ups have been superb and I have enjoyed every aspect of this/these events..

Hats off my friends and Thank You ever so much...!!!!

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2016 10:41 PM

amateur4sure:

Yo Paul.................. What happened to number 8 lol

Probably my game figured winner would post jgates wins 1up on 18

game was even going into 18 then my wind aided early ding 1st shot went out of bounds, 1 stroke penalty 3rd shot fairway 4th shot landed short of green ended in sand, 5th shot ended past green in rough while his 3rd was on green, 6th hit finally found green , he conceded putt i conceded his game over

Both played decent for first 17 hole swapping holes  with each other, Great game great fun was a pleasure to play, hated the outcome but was still fun good luck to every still to play on both sides :o)

• TazzyMcIlrory
    15 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2016 12:29 AM

Played Joe (Slammer23) just now. A great match that I took an early 2up lead in before Joe clawed 1 back. I then won the 9th to go 2 up again at the turn. Joe then won the next 3 on the bounce to go 1 up before I won 13 and 14 to regain a 1 up lead. Joe won 16 and that left us square but Joe also won 17 with a great bird to go 1 up. Joe tried his best to lose the 18th but made a great par save leaving me a 6ft birdie putt. Alas, it was not to be and Joe won 1 up.

Great match and great company. Cheers Joe.

Taz

• Slammer23
    420 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2016 12:33 AM

Just played a full 18 against Tazzy. He held the lead for almost the entire time. His putter was not his friend and I dropped in a couple of ridiculous ones to keep the score close. 

We were all square at the 17th tee and I got lucky, guessed the wind right and had a rear tap-in to go 1-up. Then I tried my hardest to give it away - had to sink a downhill 20-footer for par to halve the hole and finish 1-up. Absolutely the most nerve-wracking match I've played in a long, long time.

Thanks for a great match and conversation, Tazzy. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2016 3:42 AM

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2016 5:24 AM

Crazy game golf.  Myself and Guruness just proved it. I went out firing and he was cold, I turned 3 up. Then I caught a case of the pars and we stood on 17 AS. I hit one dead but Guru played a fantastic shot from the 40/50 to make a Tom Watson like birdie. Birdies on the last and it was off to extra holes.

Four birdies each and we reached the par 3 5th. Guru slid his approach past and in one of those " What just happened there" moments mine went straight in for an ace and the win.

Lutjanid wins on 5th extra hole.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2016 10:38 PM

KenBTexas (USA) (TL) vs TY2000MY (USA) (TL)

I would like to report a good match but that is not a fact.

It was fun and Tyler played great. It was my pleasure to play with him.

Tyler was a good sport and threw a few GS's in along the way (he was being kind) but after the second I was never in it. 

Couldn't find a ding and couldn't buy a putt, whilst Tyler was nailing the approaches for easy birds. Throw in a few good putts. and he is unbeatable on this day.

KenB got his ... waxed .. it was by so many I forget .. 6 I think.

Hope to play again Tyler and I will do my best to give ya a run for your money.

Thanks Pal

Ken

RSS