Forums

Help › Forums

hows it work

Mon, Mar 21 2011 10:36 PM (2 replies)
  • theRIKSTA
    12 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 3:09 PM

Hi guys/gals been here a coupla weeks an a bit confused. This week I was moved to pro tier when my average was around 72 it is now back to 79 [after running into those very fast  tourney greens] but I noticed on looking at results for free unlimited week 12 9hole tourney I placed 90th [no biggy only got a few goes before going up tier] but my problem is the leaderboard states the winner has an averge of 57 is level 60[i am level 33] and it says he is still at amatuer tier while  I was moved up to pro can some1 please explain how that works. thx Rik.

• golfkid210
    313 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 8:33 PM

Your average gets reset whenever you change a tier.  I think its been very rare for somebody to advance a tier and be able to keep their average where it was.  There is a rounds played and average requirement necessary to advance in tiers.  Anything other than stroke play (i.e. match play, alternate shot, CTTH/blitz) has no effect on your average, but will still get you experience points towards advancing your level.  So the leader of the tourney could very well only play stroke rounds on the weekly tournament, and be honing his/her skills in match or AS games to be able to score low in the tournaments.

Also, whatever tier you enter a weekly tournament in is what you will stay in for that week, even if you advance a tier during the week.

• theRIKSTA
    12 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 10:36 PM

Thanks for explaining it woulda taken me a fair while to work out. also good to know about tier staying the same during weekly tourneys I just thought i was getting owned in pro class and stopped trying somewhat cause I wasnt showing up on pro leaderboard.             thx Rik.

RSS