Help › Forums

A BROWSER THAT WORKS!!!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 15 2017 7:31 AM (29 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 5:35 AM

derekortt:

I recently tried Maxthon. And somehow, pepperflash came with it. Made the game unusuable, so I went back to firefox.

How can you get maxthon WITHOUT pepperflash?

Yep same here!  Also i have no spacebar in the WGT game client when i play because of the pepper flash. I have tried replacing it with 3 different flash versions . Maxthon doesn't accept the other  files as far as WGT  is concerned. Says cannot load plugin although i have enable all plugins in options. So its the crappy pepper flash for me .

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:41 AM

PRIESTESS:

derekortt:

I recently tried Maxthon. And somehow, pepperflash came with it. Made the game unusuable, so I went back to firefox.

Yep same here!  Also i have no spacebar in the WGT game client when i play because of the pepper flash. I have tried replacing it with 3 different flash versions . Maxthon doesn't accept the other  files as far as WGT  is concerned. Says cannot load plugin although i have enable all plugins in options. So its the crappy pepper flash for me .

If you are using Maxthon 4.9 or Max5 you can change the core and that should smooth out the meter .But when changing the cores from Ultra to Retro you will have a problem with typing . I cant use Retro mode while typing in the forums so I just use it for game play . Now that I have Max5 I use it in Retro to play and Max4 for everything else .

There`s a thread on how to change out Adobe flash files >>>>> it was written a few years ago . For those who were here after the great flash update that made everyones browser useless for playing WGT . It was that update that helped me find Maxthon 3 and have been using Maxthon ever since .

But that was also when players found out how to backdoor the flash player and change out the files and install older and different versions of flash . I think Scott Hope had it posted on his profile page too not sure but you can check .

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 11:10 AM

derekortt:

borntobesting:

freefunrulz:

Anyone out there that has had issues with the  known browsers.............  please go and download  ..... Slimjet......  it is the absolute Best   for WGT golfers....  once you try it , you will see the game as it should be....  Slimjet.....  all I need to say....    freefunrulz

It depends on the players system and version of flash. What will work well for some might work at all on others. I find Slimjet to be a little sluggish reacting to my clicks where Maxthon 5 and Maxthon cloud both react to my clicks much better. I still use it at times but now 1 of the 2 Maxthon browsers that I mentioned are my go to browsers. I used to use Comodo Dragon but the newer versions just don't work as well as before. I may eventually go back to Comodo Dragon version 29.1 and set it not to auto update. But for now it is Maxthon 5 or Cloud.

Switch cores from Ultra to Retro. In the menu there is tools. Click on tools, the 3rd item in tools is switch browser core. It may still be pepperflash but retro plays so much better on my system than Ultra.

• ArthurSD
    64 Posts
    Sun, Aug 13 2017 11:46 PM

Hi one question. when i put on Retro mod adobe flash is disabled cant play- is normal or i need to do somthing els ? and to update the flash in maxthon ?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 10:25 AM

Retro mode is no longer working here (Maxthon 4)...when I switch to it, just get an error message, switching back to Ultra and all is well. More mysteries.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 10:58 AM

ArthurSD:

Hi one question. when i put on Retro mod adobe flash is disabled cant play- is normal or i need to do somthing els ? and to update the flash in maxthon ?

You have to install the flash player for Retro mode . The flash player thats attached is for Ultra . From game client page right click to bring up flash player .Then click on Global Settings . This should pull up Adobe Flash Settings Page then go into the menu settings . Click on Switch browser core .

This will allow you to install the latest version of Flash whch is what you will need . Once you do that then you can switch between the 2 .You will also have to reset your game settings for each version and you also may have to login and set the game to remember you as well .

• ArthurSD
    64 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 10:59 AM

Hi, when i put the retro mode the flashplayer is disabled is normal? i have maxthon 4.9

• ArthurSD
    64 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 11:18 AM

Hi, how are you? when i put maxthon to retro mode in maxthon 4.9 or maxthon 5 the flash player disabled  and cant start playing. what i need to do ?

• ArthurSD
    64 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 12:32 PM

hi Ion thanks a lot - im stuck here i go touch on global setings- on global settings put the browser on Retro mode . and then were i need to go ?

there is the pic 

View post on imgur.com
  • lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2017 7:31 AM

ArthurSD:

hi Ion thanks a lot - im stuck here i go touch on global setings- on global settings put the browser on Retro mode . and then were i need to go ?

there is the pic 

View post on imgur.com

Once you have accessed the global settings page . Go into the menu and switch browser core . This should then pull up the current Adobe Fash Player for you to download .Be sure that when you do this that you do it from the golbal settings page .Then simply download the flash player just that simple . Copy the instructions from my above post  ^^^^^^^^and just do as they say .

RSS