1,677 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:48 PM

How do you set the core?

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:36 PM

lonnieskinner:

How do you set the core?

Menu top right corner on browser 3 horizontal bars click on it . Go  down to tools and you will see"Switch browse core " Ultra -> Retro and click  .This will change the core and restart the game . Then you should be set .

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:06 PM

Thanks Lonnie.

• verdexon
    239 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:20 PM

YankeeJim:

TracyMax:
    I had Commodo also, but agree that after updates it no longer worked well.

Therein lies the problem-don't let it update if it works. Mine never changes and I've been using CD since it came out.

How do I get older version of Comodo that you have Jim ?

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 8:47 AM

lonniescott711:

lonnieskinner:

How do you set the core?

Menu top right corner on browser 3 horizontal bars click on it . Go  down to tools and you will see"Switch browse core " Ultra -> Retro and click  .This will change the core and restart the game . Then you should be set .

It's also at almost the end of address bar.  One of them is a lightening bolt and then you have the other, people call it different things.  Anyway you can click there and change modes.  Hover over with mouse and you will find it.

EDIT... nevermind just downloaded and install 5 it is not there on this version.  Also don't like a browser that takes over as default without being asked, and took over max3, guess it is coming off.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 1:05 PM

garyk49:

lonniescott711:

lonnieskinner:

How do you set the core?

It's also at almost the end of address bar.  One of them is a lightening bolt and then you have the other, people call it different things.  Anyway you can click there and change modes.  Hover over with mouse and you will find it.

EDIT... nevermind just downloaded and install 5 it is not there on this version.  Also don't like a browser that takes over as default without being asked, and took over max3, guess it is coming off.

Go into the settings and click on the tab General and uncheck the box to change browser default setting . Then go back to your Max3 browser and reset it to be your default browser .

@ Lonnie you are welcome :-) Hope no one thinks Im talking to myself lol 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 4:48 PM

lonniescott711:

Go into the settings and click on the tab General and uncheck the box to change browser default setting . Then go back to your Max3 browser and reset it to be your default browser .

@ Lonnie you are welcome :-) Hope no one thinks Im talking to myself lol 

Nope that wouldn't worked.  Before Max5 install had both Max3 and Max4 on computer. Installed Max5 and it overwrote Max3.  Now had Max 4 and Max5 on computer.  Never was asked during install to make Max5 my default, it took it over all by itself.  Uninstalled Max5 reinstall Max3.  Now again have Max3 and Max4 on computer.  Max was never my default.  Currently and during install of Max5 Vivaldi was default.  It is almost like it did an express install, ask nothing and make all its own choices.  No where to install, no make default, no nothing.

Didn't hang around long on Max5.  It looked confusing and cluttered, with alot of things not needed.  And on top of all that, got a welcome to Maxthon email, written in CHINESE. Yes did download from Maxthon site.

Isn't this cute

亲爱的40846048:

恭喜您已成功注册傲游"U+",您的傲游"U+"账户名为:garyk49@charter.net

欢迎您加入傲游!

请点击以下链接验证您的傲游"U+"账户:
    https://www.uu.me/i/validate.html?v=E9NFIWk4D0SFMXZ3w9rIRhIAX5WYDidJpb+Oyhu22/U=

( 该链接有效期为24小时,如果您无法点击这个链接,请将此链接复制到浏览器地址栏后访问 )

拥有傲游"U+",您就能马上体验我们的首发功能—百变邮箱,它可以帮您:

• ★  设定任意数量的影子邮箱:邮箱名称(可任意设置)@转运服务器.uu.me;
    • ★  注册任意网站时选择填入影子邮箱,不暴露您的真实个人信息。小傲帮您过滤该注册网站发来的邮件,你可以通过关闭该影子邮箱,来屏蔽网站发布的广告邮件;
    • ★  影子邮箱是您展示给注册网站的名片,不会影响您的正常通信,您仍用自己的真实邮箱收发邮件;

如有任何疑问,请联系:id@help.uu.me

感谢您使用傲游"U+",祝您使用愉快!谢谢!

傲游团队

If I remember correctly uu.me had something to do with the offline installer.  I did not download that.

Alot of the newer anything anymore wants total control.  Win10 for one.  Chrome 50 for another(install that and then try to go back to an older version, good luck, or you better know how to edit the registry to get rid of all Chrome 50.  It will keep reinstalling itself, no matter what other setup file you use.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 5:35 PM

I didnt get any of that when I installed mine . I went through the maxthon forum and down loaded mine and have had no problems at all with it . If you go to the bottom of the browser you will see Maxthon Forum go through there and get the down load . But definitely get rid of that as it doesnt look right . I have both 4 and 5 with no problems and both are running seperate of each other .

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 7:04 PM

verdexon:

YankeeJim:

TracyMax:
    I had Commodo also, but agree that after updates it no longer worked well.

Therein lies the problem-don't let it update if it works. Mine never changes and I've been using CD since it came out.

How do I get older version of Comodo that you have Jim ?

Google Comodo dragon version 29.1.  Doing that will give you a site that has older versions of most popular browsers. I got Comodo Dragon version 29.0 that way. It works great. And set auto update to off or it will automatically update to the latest version. And check the auto update button often  because sometimes it will switch itself from no to yes and then update to the latest version.   

When you uninstall the newest version of CD at the bottom of the page is a check box that says something similar to remove profile information. Make sure you check that box or any older version of CD will not install properly.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 10:32 PM

borntobesting:

freefunrulz:

Anyone out there that has had issues with the  known browsers.............  please go and download  ..... Slimjet......  it is the absolute Best   for WGT golfers....  once you try it , you will see the game as it should be....  Slimjet.....  all I need to say....    freefunrulz

It depends on the players system and version of flash. What will work well for some might work at all on others. I find Slimjet to be a little sluggish reacting to my clicks where Maxthon 5 and Maxthon cloud both react to my clicks much better. I still use it at times but now 1 of the 2 Maxthon browsers that I mentioned are my go to browsers. I used to use Comodo Dragon but the newer versions just don't work as well as before. I may eventually go back to Comodo Dragon version 29.1 and set it not to auto update. But for now it is Maxthon 5 or Cloud.

I recently tried Maxthon. And somehow, pepperflash came with it. Made the game unusuable, so I went back to firefox.

How can you get maxthon WITHOUT pepperflash?

RSS