Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:41 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:53 PM

YankeeJim:

ct690911:
    And, YJ once opined that blind ignorance will always trump sound reason

Wow, I'd be curious to know the context of that conversation. Racking my brain trying to think of why I would have said that. Sounds backwards. Maybe it went to a way of thinking for some, IDK.

I was in a heated debate with someone back when I was more easily baited. You were on the periphery of the convo, so I PM'd my frustration to you. Although the words are not verbatim (why no quotation marks), they capture the essence of your reply. They were spot on then, and to this day.

ct

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 5:03 PM

ct690911:
    I was in a heated debate with someone back when I was more easily baited. You were on the periphery of the convo, so I PM'd my frustration to you. Although the words are not verbatim (why no quotation marks), they capture the essence of your reply.

"you can be as right as you want, but it won't trump ignorance"  was the response. :-)

• ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 5:28 PM

YankeeJim:

ct690911:
    I was in a heated debate with someone back when I was more easily baited. You were on the periphery of the convo, so I PM'd my frustration to you. Although the words are not verbatim (why no quotation marks), they capture the essence of your reply.

"you can be as right as you want, but it won't trump ignorance"  was the response. :-)

There we go..:)

• willy53
    42 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:43 AM

Hi Guys,

You might all be right in one way or another that it's just my bad playing, or it could just be poor old wifi laptop with some issues, a bit like me old and knackered. As regards to equipment I don't see what difference there is between a old 280+ driver and a new one, besides wasting money, because there's nothing in the shop much better/longer, and that goes for all the other stuff to waste your cash on, please feel free to explain the difference to me, if there is one

The good news is I might be able to invest in a new gaming laptop soon, ( when it falls off the back of the lorry?), and hopefully get rid of all the lost connection and stuttering/jerky gameplay, I might even stop moaning about it then?. MAYBY NOT.

• willy53
    42 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:44 AM

Hi Guys,

You might all be right in one way or another that it's just my bad playing, or it could just be poor old wifi laptop with some issues, a bit like me old and knackered. As regards to equipment I don't see what difference there is between a old 280+ driver and a new one, besides wasting money, because there's nothing in the shop much better/longer, and that goes for all the other stuff to waste your cash on, please feel free to explain the difference to me, if there is one

The good news is I might be able to invest in a new gaming laptop soon, ( when it falls off the back of the lorry?), and hopefully get rid of all the lost connection and stuttering/jerky gameplay, I might even stop moaning about it then?. MAYBY NOT.

• willy53
    42 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:44 AM

Hi Guys,

• willy53
    42 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:46 AM

Hi Guys,

You might all be right in one way or another that it's just my bad playing, or it could just be poor old wifi laptop with some issues, a bit like me old and knackered. As regards to equipment I don't s

• ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:12 AM

willy53:

Hi Guys,

Hi Willy. 

Thank you for providing more detail in this post. I mentioned in my first response, that your driver was decent. I would not worry about a new one. Your GIR stats are poor. If you are going to upgrade, focus on better irons and wedges. 

Obviously if your computer is acting up, this would also impact your game playability.

ct

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:31 AM

I have found that usually the game goes a little wacky when its close to a downtime . WGT is working on the game while we are playing and it throws everything off . Those 400 yard wedge shots YJ is talking about is from cross filtering which will cause those wtf shots .

Most of the times when the yardages go south I think WGT is adding either new clubs or balls to the pro shop and are down loading those files while we are playing . Also adding or changing a course or its setup has an effect on game play too . Tonight should tell the story since we usually get a downtime the last Thursday of the month for maintenance . If we get new gear in the pro shop or course changes then that may be the reason .

Also if your system isnt properly set up it can make the game play something to over come .There`s a lot of helpful threads on how to tweak your system and it all works . Having a good browser or your computer settinga adjusted properly can really improve your game play and game performance . Keeping your system clean and maintained is also needed for better game play . So there are reasons why the game doesnt play well and most of them will fall on the player .

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:41 AM

garyk49:

willy53:

Absolute unplayable rigged rubbish, it's playing a game all by itself no control of the gameplay whatsoever, can't be bothered to post most scores, there that bad now.

Utter garbage!!!!

Just went through a bout of poor play myself.  I could have stood back and blamed WGT, but I would have been kidding myself, I really wanted to blame WGT, whatever browser I was using at the time, damn greens, my computer, but lets get real, the problem was ME.

Today is a different story.  How did I fix it.  Went to a course I knew fairly well.  F9 Bethpage.  Put myself on Red tees, no wind and hammered a round.  Score I shot 26.  Talk about a boost of confidence, didn't need to think that much on what I needed to shoot, just play the shot, and do what I know I am capable of doing.  Amazing what a 7.7 average distance to the pin will do for you.  The more holes I played the easier it got.

Game back on course again.  Try it, put the blame where it belongs, not where you think it is.

And now WGT is probably watching me, I dinged the hell out of that round.

Completely brilliant response.

It really isn't WGT.

Ok I'm wearing my flame-pants :-)

• PAGES
RSS