Forums

Help › Forums

CRAP

Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:41 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • willy53
    42 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 11:00 AM

Absolute unplayable rigged rubbish, it's playing a game all by itself no control of the gameplay whatsoever, can't be bothered to post most scores, there that bad now.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 11:11 AM

Not much detail to work with here. "Rigged rubbish" is vague. I checked your kit. You have a decent driver, 3 wood and putter. Rest is junk and a starter ball. 

You play from the masters' tees and have a decent average. Your GIR isn't good though. May be due to starter irons/wedges and the range ball.

Sorry..but if your post is just a general rant, not much help can be offered. If you can be more specific, some experienced folks on here may be able to provide guidance.

ct

• Pkay72
    229 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 2:45 PM

Greed wgt is now just a poor arcade game and going worse. This once great game is now owned run and rigged by greed

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 2:52 PM

...Wow, up pops another!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:01 PM

Pkay72:
    This once great game is now owned run and rigged by greed

Pretty much the same greed has existed for years, and after all it is a business designed to make profits.

I agree that the "arcade features" is a step in the wrong direction, but for all intents and purposes, it is still a great game even though bugs afflict the gameplay....but they always have!

WGT has created a rod for its own back, by constantly bringing out better clubs the game has become easier with very few ways of clawing that back. And if they do, there is an outrage.

For the OP.......seems like you have had pretty good value as the game has cost you very little....again, this is a business and therefore is not designed to assist free-loaders.

That said, it is possible to enjoy the game using the basic starters equipment by setting your goals, nope you will not compete against players with good clubs, but it is all relative.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:14 PM

Solar Flare's earlier analogy summed it up nicely.

And, YJ once opined that blind ignorance will always trump sound reason. Sad, but often true.

ct

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:17 PM

PaulTon:

...Wow, up pops another!

Easy Paul eeeeeeaaaassssssyyy now . You know how you get when you see these types of posts . LOL take it easy and be gentle on them . hahahahaha

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:43 PM

willy53:

Absolute unplayable rigged rubbish, it's playing a game all by itself no control of the gameplay whatsoever, can't be bothered to post most scores, there that bad now.

Utter garbage!!!!

Just went through a bout of poor play myself.  I could have stood back and blamed WGT, but I would have been kidding myself, I really wanted to blame WGT, whatever browser I was using at the time, damn greens, my computer, but lets get real, the problem was ME.

Today is a different story.  How did I fix it.  Went to a course I knew fairly well.  F9 Bethpage.  Put myself on Red tees, no wind and hammered a round.  Score I shot 26.  Talk about a boost of confidence, didn't need to think that much on what I needed to shoot, just play the shot, and do what I know I am capable of doing.  Amazing what a 7.7 average distance to the pin will do for you.  The more holes I played the easier it got.

Game back on course again.  Try it, put the blame where it belongs, not where you think it is.

And now WGT is probably watching me, I dinged the hell out of that round.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:49 PM

ct690911:
    And, YJ once opined that blind ignorance will always trump sound reason

Wow, I'd be curious to know the context of that conversation. Racking my brain trying to think of why I would have said that. Sounds backwards. Maybe it went to a way of thinking for some, IDK.

I find the OP's rant a bit relevant, for some odd reason. Shots have been a little surprising lately and I see a lot of comments about it from others. I've always believed every shot could be explained (except some of those weird 400 yard wedges  lol) and lately, my perception has been the deviations have increased. IDK if it's me or the game but I'm seeing different results for missed hits. It's like it was amped up, or something.

I'm factoring it into the reality factor, myself. Going with the flow.  :-)

• PAGES
RSS