Forums

Help › Forums

Mathematical Improbability.......An Ace On Every Hole

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 19 2011 1:28 PM (8 replies)
  • SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 7:39 AM

Someone posted a  CCTH scorecard showing an ACE on every hole, at first I was astounded, but it has bothered me all morning now. Not that I am accusing anyone of anything, something for which I have and will never do but I want to know what the the probability of this happening is. I know there are so math whiz's on here so tell me what the odds are on this.

Is this just me or is anyone else curious about this ?

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 7:54 AM

i think you'll find he photo chopped it...for a laugh.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 7:58 AM

Well he is good at photo shopping as well as golf. LMBO!

Still curious about the mathematical probability...

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 8:04 AM

CTTH odds = who knows..Not all tee shots..But golf digest published these odds a while back.............

The Golf Digest study provided many great nuggets of information, even breaking the odds down by quality of play:

• Tour player making an ace: 3,000 to 1

• Low-handicapper making an ace: 5,000 to 1

• Average player making an ace: 12,000 to 1
    •  

Some other highlights from Scheid's calculations:

• Average player acing a 200-yard hole: 150,000 to 1

• Two players from the same foursome acing the same hole: 17 million to 1

• One player making two holes-in-one in the same round: 67 million to 1
    •  

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 8:26 AM

SGTBilko:

Someone posted a  CCTH scorecard showing an ACE on every hole, at first I was astounded, but it has bothered me all morning now. Not that I am accusing anyone of anything, something for which I have and will never do but I want to know what the the probability of this happening is. I know there are so math whiz's on here so tell me what the odds are on this.

Is this just me or is anyone else curious about this ?

i'd say it was highly unlikely.

i'm willing to scale the empire state building naked and nail my bollocks to a flagpole at the top if someone can hit 9 consecutive aces.....even on ctth's.

tbe

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 11:49 AM

It's not possible. Simple as that.

However, My friend and I holed out #1 OAK back to back shots from outside 150 yards. Unlikely hole to do it at too

-wgticon

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 12:15 PM

If he was that good at photoshop he wouldn't have forgotten to change the tee color on his "Legend 27" card. Oops, last time I checked it's not possible for CC owners to select tees for CC tournies, so if it was a "Legend" 27 in a country club tournament as the card says, it would have been from black tees, not blue :)

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 12:16 PM

WGTicon:

It's not possible. Simple as that.

However, My friend and I holed out #1 OAK back to back shots from outside 150 yards. Unlikely hole to do it at too

-wgticon

I saw two guys in blitz get aces on the same hole a while back.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 1:28 PM

I had a nice piece of beef with some freshly cooked vegetables and a lovely peppered sauce.

WT2010

RSS