Forums

Help › Forums

Time limit in RG's

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 19 2011 12:04 PM (30 replies)
  • HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 8:25 AM

You people are dense, you are NOT hearing us. We will NOT throw away credits on a lost cause (open tourneys), yet you give us a measly 2 tier based redy go's a day, and then squatters sit on them. I am not telling anyone how to play their credits,  we are asking that redy go mean REDY, go.  If the squatters did not sit on their entries, the tourney would fill up and finish and another would be open for them to enter when they DO have the time.  You are defeating the purpose of the tourneys by letting people squat, less money for WGT.  Change the rules is what we are asking, not telling anyone what to do. Make it so that when you enter a ready go, you are ready to go, no chance of targeting, squating, and the tourneys will finish and fill up much faster, more money for WGT.  Why not have all the redy go's tier restricted, and then have open tourneys for those who like to donate creds to others... And how many posts do I need before I lose the "mom"? You would think paying money into this game, I could at least post responses in a timely manner. Getting irritated with this game now......

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 10:59 AM

I think the point here is. They want the rules changed., :)

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 11:04 AM

Changing the rules would only work for a certain amount of players. For everyone who wants a rule change there are players who like the rules the way they are currently.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 11:22 AM

Agreed Icon the other issue is that some people play these tournaments over a long period of time during the day at work. They may start the tournament in a break get interrupted and not get back to playing it for a certain amount of time. I know that I do this, start when I have a quite 5 minutes, then all *** breaks loose and I don't get back to it for a couple of hours. I pay my money and will play as I like within the rules. This format suits me.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 11:47 AM

So, I was right, it's for the elite only.  Well done WGT, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

• WiredBullets
    103 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 4:28 PM

One solution to this problem could be for WGT to simply add 1 more RG to each tier, and go from 2 at a time to 3. Is this something you could take to WGT and see what they say Icon? I mean what would it hurt really? 

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 9:02 AM

TallAcePaul:

Agreed Icon the other issue is that some people play these tournaments over a long period of time during the day at work. They may start the tournament in a break get interrupted and not get back to playing it for a certain amount of time. I know that I do this, start when I have a quite 5 minutes, then all *** breaks loose and I don't get back to it for a couple of hours. I pay my money and will play as I like within the rules. This format suits me.

I dont know what you guy's are doing for work.I'll tell you one thing if you were working for me and i found you fiddeling around playing games your butt's would out the door looking for new employment.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 6:43 PM

swannyxx:
    I dont know what you guy's are doing for work.I'll tell you one thing if you were working for me and i found you fiddeling around playing games your butt's would out the door looking for new employment.

My sentiments exactly.

I don't think anyone who has posted against my proposal actually understands that what they are saying is absolute nonsense.  So, I will repeat what I and others have said...

If everyone simply entered a RG when they were ready to play AND PLAYED IT THEN, that type of RG would always be available.  The maximum time it would be unavailable would be the length of time it takes to play the game, i.e. around 20 minutes.  However, as someone suggested, starting a new RG when the previous one has 50 entries regardless of how many scores are posted would make them accessible all the time.  And for those squatters who have to see what scores are posted before they play their game, HOW SAD!  I would hazzard a guess that if you checked which players were the squatters, it would always be the same 2 or 3.

As someone else said earlier, starting a new RG as soon as the previous one has 50 entries is in EVERYONE'S favour; we get to play the RG's we want to play and WGT get loads more from us in tournament entries and from buying new balls.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 9:14 AM

Has something changed?  The St Andrews F9 RG for All Players (id 15111) that I entered late yesterday (or maybe in the early hours of this morning) still hasn't completed, but without me knowing a new one (id 15122) has both started and filled up.  So when did that start???  I thought a new one was supposed to start when the last one has all 50 scores posted???  And although 15122 has filled and is in the closed tournaments list, no new St Andrews RG for All Payers has started yet.

So WGT, how is this working cos I'll be damned if I know!

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 11:56 AM

I am constantly amazed at the quality of muppet on here. 

RSS