Forums

Help › Forums

Time limit in RG's

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 19 2011 12:04 PM (30 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 5:09 AM

Could WGT please reduce the finish time of Ready-Go's; 12 hours is quite simply far too long.  It only takes 20 minutes to play the game, so if someone can't spare 20 minutes when they enter, then they shouldn't enter in the first place!  And this does not mean that some players won't be able to play because they can't always play when they enter as there will always be another RG in the waiting.

I would suggest an absolute maximum of 2 hours after the tournament is filled.  I have been waiting for 10 hours since the last Master RG at St Andrews for two people to complete their rounds; we could have had 4 or 5 more in that time and those morons (sorry, frustration setting in!) holding up proceedings could have entered one that they are able to play in!  Maybe playing was not their intention???

With a maximum time limit of 2 hours we could have around 10 RG's per day - more 'profit' for WGT and it keeps the majority of the customers happy too.  The only downside might be the appeal to sandbaggers, but until we try it we'll never know.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 10:56 AM

Hi,

I am not sure it's fair to say this. You only do 1 ready go per 12 hrs, so I can see why you making this point. However, there are many other ready go's are available to you. Same for everyone else. When I competed, I did at least 10 a day, so 12 hour wait time was no problem.

I also, rarely if ever heard anyone mention that 12 hours is too long of a wait.

-wgticon

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 2:27 PM

I do the one that suits me.  I agree, there are many others available, but that would mean I'd just go throwing away credits.  I also agree that I need to get better on the other courses, but at this stage I'm not at that point (not consistent enough), so the only RG that suits me is the Master St Andrews F9 with high winds.  But thanks to one or two individuals I am only able to play one per day.

Why does someone need 12 hours when it only takes 20 minutes to play???  If it is because they may not get in later, then by reducing the time limit to 2 hours max after full entry will allow more RG's to run and those players will then be able to enter and play when they have time.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 3:29 PM

MioKontic:

I do the one that suits me.  I agree, there are many others available, but that would mean I'd just go throwing away credits.  I also agree that I need to get better on the other courses, but at this stage I'm not at that point (not consistent enough), so the only RG that suits me is the Master St Andrews F9 with high winds.  But thanks to one or two individuals I am only able to play one per day.

Why does someone need 12 hours when it only takes 20 minutes to play???  If it is because they may not get in later, then by reducing the time limit to 2 hours max after full entry will allow more RG's to run and those players will then be able to enter and play when they have time.

Like me, many folks play at work, so they register for all of them when they start at 8-9am and then do it as time allows during the day and then finish at home

-wgticon

• AHudd
    104 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 3:45 PM

I agree W/ icon..for myself i register before leaving for school or work and play when i get home and the 12 hours is a nice time frame for that

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 3:56 PM

AHudd:

I agree W/ icon..for myself i register before leaving for school or work and play when i get home and the 12 hours is a nice time frame for that

So why not just enter one when you get home!!!  Not only are you holding it up for everyone else, but you're also taking a spot from someone that could play it there and then.  Sorry, but that is so unbelieveably selfish!

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 4:01 PM

WGTicon:
    Like me, many folks play at work, so they register for all of them when they start at 8-9am and then do it as time allows during the day and then finish at home

As I just said to Ahudd, that is a selfish attitude to enter them all at the start of the day but not play them until many hours later.  Enter one when youj are ready to play.  And by reducing the time limit to 2 hours max you will ALWAYS be able to enter one.  As it is at the moment, I can only enter 1 RG in a 12 hour period (in which I am able to compete).  Or maybe the RG's are just meant for the elite few???

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 4:16 PM

MioKontic:

AHudd:

So why not just enter one when you get home!!!  Not only are you holding it up for everyone else, but you're also taking a spot from someone that could play it there and then.  Sorry, but that is so unbelieveably selfish!

You enter 12 at 7am, do them during the day, at 7pm 12 more open, you enter 12 more and do 12 of them, before bed. Rinse, repeat.

MioKontic:

WGTicon:

As I just said to Ahudd, that is a selfish attitude to enter them all at the start of the day but not play them until many hours later.  Enter one when youj are ready to play.  And by reducing the time limit to 2 hours max you will ALWAYS be able to enter one.  As it is at the moment, I can only enter 1 RG in a 12 hour period (in which I am able to compete).  Or maybe the RG's are just meant for the elite few???

I don't think it's selfish. It used to be 24 hrs, that wa sa tad long, I think 12 hours is perfect.

Maybe there should be more rg's that are for that specific tier, but then again we had that and they did not fill out fast enough.

There is another aspect to consider. Many times when playing out of your comfort zone, especially during multi player, it's very hard to actually shoot low scores. During RG's, you are forced to play your best at all times, so if you do this, I believe you will shave strokes from your scores.

BP for my clubs is a huge disadvantage, but I made sure to play it every time and I won quite alot of them.

So, I think you should try playing out of your comfort zone instead of playing 3-4 sta f9 rg's a day.

-wgticon

P.S obviously, if there is a great interest in having more rg's for specific tier, it can be increased; however, I do not see it right now.

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 4:22 PM

Ready Go's are for everyone, but cutting down the time limit would only mean that the same players would only ever play the same Ready Go.

At the end of the day, if you finish high enough to win credits, you will receive those credits. Doesn't matter if it's 12 hours or 12 minutes.

• AHudd
    104 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 5:26 PM

Selfish??  Little harsh for signing up for some RGs before leaving somewhere . By the time i play the RG's ive entered  im not even near the last person to  turn in a score 95% of the time.  Also at least half of them aren't even filled up yet by the time i start playing them.   My tip for you....play more & post less...you have 3x more post than ranked rounds.  Try out some other RGs instead of waiting on just a few to fill and clear.   By the look of your score history the RG you play is MASTER F9 RG...so what i do has nothing to do w/ yourself.  

~The selfish one

RSS