Help › Forums

Time limit in RG's

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 19 2011 12:04 PM (30 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 7:39 PM

AHudd:

Selfish??  Little harsh for signing up for some RGs before leaving somewhere . By the time i play the RG's ive entered  im not even near the last person to  turn in a score 95% of the time.  Also at least half of them aren't even filled up yet by the time i start playing them.   My tip for you....play more & post less...you have 3x more post than ranked rounds.  Try out some other RGs instead of waiting on just a few to fill and clear.   By the look of your score history the RG you play is MASTER F9 RG...so what i do has nothing to do w/ yourself.  

~The selfish one

I don't enter tournaments that I can't play there and then.  And you're right, I only play one RG... because that is the only one I can compete in.  As I said, I don't have credits to throw away.  I practice on other courses but I just cannot get any consistency.  And if what you do has nothing to do with me (or Masters in general) then why did you post???  For your information the Master St Andrews F9 fill up very quickly... but takes 12 hours for one or two players to complete.  If it fills that quickly then it means there is demand, and the same selfish attitude by one or two players is to enter it then play it eleven and a half hours later.  Meantime all those that want to play more of this RG can't.

If you want to play all the RG's then that's your choice.  At the moment I do not because I can't compete, after all, the RG's are about winning credits, nothing else.

And regards posting, I can post as much as I want.  95% of my posts are having fun with other members here; but if you just want to play golf 100% of the time then that is your choice.  My choice is to do both.  And ranked rounds means nothing; I play lots of practice rounds, multi-player rounds and alt shot rounds.

• gotstewart
    201 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 7:41 PM

I would like more tier based ready go's myself.  I generally only get to play during the day and I only see 2 a day because they take so long to finish.  I know there are a bunch of RG's out there, but I dont stand a chance of winning those things any day soon.  I can compete with masters, but I'm not gonna just keep donating a dollar so Bollux can catch ALee in career earnings lol.  I watched that match today and my jaw dropped.  So I do tend to play more in my tier.  So rolling them out quicker would make more sense to me (plus you would get more dollars from me and more use out of my Calloways :) )I would also like to see more variety instead of the same ones for a month.  Is there a way to change em up weekly?

• gotstewart
    201 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 7:48 PM

Icon, is it within the realm of possibility to open a ready go up as soon as one becomes closed versus waiting on the closed one to finish as it is now?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 10:35 PM

gotstewart:

Icon, is it within the realm of possibility to open a ready go up as soon as one becomes closed versus waiting on the closed one to finish as it is now?

Actually, as far as I know, once it fills and all 50 scores posted, it should finish asap. I know this because in past I could get 3-4 sta front 9 ready go's done a day.

Now, if 50 folks enter, 49 post scores, and 50th waits 11 hours for it, then that's all we can do.

-wgticon

• AHudd
    104 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 10:47 PM

MioKontic:
    And if what you do has nothing to do with me (or Masters in general) then why did you post??? 
    MioKontic:
    If you want to play all the RG's then that's your choice.  At the moment I do not because I can't compete, after all, the RG's are about winning credits, nothing else.

Exactly..its about winning credits..and me entering RGs before work or school and playing in them when i get home...waiting a few hours till another one opens is best way for me to win credits.  Also your original post was about waiting 12 hours after 50 slots have been filled in general not just for master RGs .  All i did was agree w/ icon and say i sign up before leaving somewhere and u come out and call someone selfish.  Ease up buddy.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 1:56 AM

For what its worth...TM RG (14955) @ BP Frt 9 is on the third day and still has not filled. as of 3/17 @2:00 pm PST, 47 and counting....ho hum 

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 4:48 AM

AHudd:
    Also your original post was about waiting 12 hours after 50 slots have been filled

No, read again... the 50 slots get filled quickly (in the Master STA F9 RG), I'm waiting 12 hours for one or two people to actually play their round.

I still don't see the need to enter hours before being actually able to play the game.  If, as you say, a game that you entered hours before has still not filled, then it still won't be filled when you do have time to play it.  But if it would fill before you are able to play, then all you are doing is holding up the next one starting.  And if players didn't hold up the next one starting, then there would ALWAYS be one waiting for you when you are ready to play.

Are you getting my drift yet??? You have absolutely nothing to gain by entering hours before being able to play.

Now, where's that head-banging post, I need to check the instructions.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 5:14 AM

HI MK

There is another reason people do this and its target golf i.e. the player wants to know what scores are in and what he needs to beat before teeing off. When the 50 spaces for the tournament are full you can gain access to the leader board and see your target.

I dont play like that, preferring to go as low as possible all the time but if someone does thats their call. The game is for everyone and if the rules for the tournaments remain the same then everyone has a right to play them as, when and how they see fit. Especially as they have money on it!!!!

By the way found my L as you will have noticed :)

TAP

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 6:58 AM

WGTicon:

gotstewart:

Actually, as far as I know, once it fills and all 50 scores posted, it should finish asap. I know this because in past I could get 3-4 sta front 9 ready go's done a day.

Now, if 50 folks enter, 49 post scores, and 50th waits 11 hours for it, then that's all we can do.

-wgticon

Why is this ALL you can do??  Just start another rdy go as soon as the one open fills up, why the wait? Does it actually cost WGT something to have another lobby open for peeps? I highly doubt that.  And you keep saying there are plenty of Redy Gos for all, you seem to think we  LIKE donating credits to the legends, we do NOT. The equipment and balls cost real money, I am not throwing my credits away donating to the legends, they can swap creds with themselves until I get there.. And how could you get 3-4 of the same rdy go's done in one day when people sit on them for 11hours at a time?  I do not see why they cannot be started when you sign up, they are called READY GO's, READY?   GO.. DUH

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 7:57 AM

HDBanger:

WGTicon:

gotstewart:

-wgticon

Why is this ALL you can do??  Just start another rdy go as soon as the one open fills up, why the wait? Does it actually cost WGT something to have another lobby open for peeps? I highly doubt that.  And you keep saying there are plenty of Redy Gos for all, you seem to think we  LIKE donating credits to the legends, we do NOT. The equipment and balls cost real money, I am not throwing my credits away donating to the legends, they can swap creds with themselves until I get there.. And how could you get 3-4 of the same rdy go's done in one day when people sit on them for 11hours at a time?  I do not see why they cannot be started when you sign up, they are called READY GO's, READY?   GO.. DUH

I didn't mean all I can do as a WGT can do. I meant me as a person

Here is why: 50 people, all signup for same tourney with same rules. All pay same entrance fee. Telling someone how to play the entree they paid for, is not something I think anyone has to right to do. If rules allow 12 hr leeway, then that person can wait 1 hr, 11 hrs, or not play at all. They bought entree, so they can do what they want with it (as long as it is within the rules)

-wgticon

RSS