Forums

Help › Forums

getting annoying....

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 23 2016 8:46 AM (4 replies)
  • jamesfox1973
    104 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2016 4:33 AM

been back playing for about 2 months.....i can see the game is very poor probably the worst golf sim i ever played but hey i got time to waste...lol...

but the cheat mode built into this game is becoming very annoying.....even to me!..

i am aware most player would call it "realistic"...but how realistic is it that u hit a 115 wedge with a straight forward wind of 15-17....on the ding with top spin and the ball lands and stops dead 116 yrds....lol...

the game is virtually unplayable with this kinda flawed maths built into it....there are many many examples i have experienced with this kinda stupid results....

if wtg think that making the game work this way encourages players to spend thier money on it then i think they have badly miscalculated....as it stands i would not spend 1 penny on a this game....like so many other "free to play" games.....

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2016 10:13 AM

"...but how realistic is it that u hit a 115 wedge with a straight forward wind of 15-17....on the ding with top spin and the ball lands and stops dead 116 yards....lol..."

You didn't say what distance you wanted?...if it was 115-117 yds, then you hit a great shot (within a yard). Also, you are using starter balls...very inconsistent results from them. 

"if wtg think that making the game work this way encourages players to spend their money on it then, I think they have badly miscalculated.."

Like in real golf, better equipment leads to more consistent results (usually). That's how wgt makes it's money. If hitting range balls with mid level and starter clubs was a winning option, nobody would ever upgrade.

It's like any hobby, you get out of it what you put in..:)

ct

• jamesfox1973
    104 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2016 9:34 PM

tbh the shot i was making is kinda irrelevent imo (128 rd) as there is no way a 115 wedge with 14-17 wind and forward spin should stop dead on 116....this just show how flawed the maths are....as i previously stated...

its just coming to the point where the is no point attempting to calculate anything to do with the shot being taken distance/wind effect/spin,,,,,as the game will "decide" the outcome no matter what....the only action on my part is clicking the mouse button....

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 8:21 AM

Yeah, feel something wrong if your shot landed and just stopped dead with wind assistance and top spin, either that or it plugged in some soft turf. St Andrews is often wet.

If it did I hope you repaired your divot.

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 8:46 AM

jamesfox1973:
    i can see the game is very poor probably the worst golf sim i ever played

Can you give me a list of all the better ones please

RSS