MAXTHON 5 Alpha

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:33 AM (32 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,099 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 12:12 PM

TopShelf2010:
    PS: Great work as usual Scott
    It's a wiki picture Don, thanks though.  ; )

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 2:08 PM

Is it independent of maxthon 4 though? As in, can i have the 2 browsers (4 and 5) on my PC?

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 2:34 PM

I have Max 3 as well as MX5 on my PC, both use different versions of flash.

Tried playing one hole on MX5 and the meter was dreadful, strobing all the way to the ding line.  The cursor was also very un-precise, wondering all over the place like a drunk.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 4:28 PM

I've got 4 and 5 on my desktop.

Played a few 9's using the new Max 5, once I'd tweaked the settings and changed browser core thingy, it all came good.

All right click functions back to normal. Smooth meter, space bar works, plays as well as max 4.

I'll keep using it and see how it goes.

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2016 12:23 PM

I got my email late last night and downloaded it this morning. I like the browser but it uses the peppflash which my computer hates. The peppflash runs my pc usage through the roof, in turns messes with the meter. My meter is smooth but when you click the mouse to hit the ball some times the meter will keep on going. I think this is due to the high pc usage. 

Just thought of something while writting this and I will have to try, if it helps I will post back, but I am thinking about setting the flash quality to medium. 

• ScottHope
    10,099 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 4:26 AM

Any chance of a screenshot of the new Maxthon 5 with the dev tools open [F12].

Can anyone also tell me if it's possible to resize the font in the dev tools of Max 5. I can do this in Chrome by applying focus to the dev tools and holding down CTRL and scrolling the mouse wheel. But this doesn't work in Maxthon 3 (or Cloud as far as I can remember) and the small default font makes it uncomfortable to use.

Thank you.  : )

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 5:47 AM

Hi Scott

There is a workaround, you need the Violentmonkey ext. and then go here.

https://userstyles.org/styles/68263/global-font-size

click on "install this style as a user script“. This sends a user script installation request to Violentmonkey. Confirm that installation. Text size should be larger now.

Not sure how flexible this is, haven't tried it myself, but it's a possibility maybe in the short term.

There is an option in the settings but I'm not sure if it works with the new release.

Cheers

Rich

• ScottHope
    10,099 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 6:48 AM

Cheers Rich, I'll look into that.  : )

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 10:54 AM

The new browser uses a little more system memory, but so far, so good. Smooth meter, no issues. But if you're on a marginal computer to start with, the older version might be the way to go. Used that one for months, and it always worked well.

• arnoild
    463 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 11:30 PM

Hi Bill, do you have service the flash in the control pannel/or right click? 

The biggest annoyance was the lost of the space bar !!! Any words to the wise will be sufficient.

RSS