Help › Forums

MAXTHON 5 Alpha

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:33 AM (32 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 5:18 AM

Maxthon - v5.0.0.2700     Flash Player - 20.0.0.306

Downloaded this today, it looks quite different and has some new additions but no-one cares about that!

Here's what I've noticed -

Fullscreen and splitscreen icons aren't on a taskbar at bottom of browser page anymore, they are now in the settings (3 horizontal lines, top right, as always).

Sorted in settings ^^^

Right clicking and global settings now takes you to a new tab @ adobe site and you're  still 2 clicks away from the caché emptying tab. That's annoying.

I only played one hole, game loaded very quickly and the gameplay was flawless.

That's just my very quick 1st impressions, let's see what other folk with more analytical minds than mine think of it...

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 5:46 AM

I cant find it...Where did you download it?

PaulTon:

Maxthon - v5.0.0.2700     Flash Player - 20.0.0.306

Downloaded this today, it looks quite different and has some new additions but no-one cares about that!

Here's what I've noticed -

Fullscreen and splitscreen icons aren't on a taskbar at bottom of browser page anymore, they are now in the settings (3 horizontal lines, top right, as always).

Right clicking and global settings now takes you to a new tab @ adobe site and you're  still 2 clicks away from the caché emptying tab. That's annoying.

I only played one hole, game loaded very quickly and the gameplay was flawless.

That's just my very quick 1st impressions, let's see what other folk with more analytical minds than mine think of it...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 6:03 AM

You had to register a few weeks back to be a tester for it Jay, there was a thread about it in here.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 7:02 AM

So you got in at VIP3 . I got in at VIP2 so will have to wait a while longer . Good to know though as I was wondering when they were going to start the launch .Go wow out with Paulie so I can get the full feed back .

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 7:25 AM

yep....just checked e-mail and see it!

PaulTon:

You had to register a few weeks back to be a tester for it Jay, there was a thread about it in here.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 7:57 AM

Tried it in a 2 header stroke round, not good -

Meter was strobing and the dreaded spacebar chat problem was there!

I'll try it again later but that's not encouraging. It installs seperately from Max cloud so I went back to that to play just now.

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 8:13 AM

Yeah..it took 3 times just to download and first page is not loading...going to try at home later after work

PaulTon:

I'll try it again later but that's not encouraging. It installs seperately from Max cloud so I went back to that to play just now.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 8:24 AM

PaulTon:

Hey Paulie when you retry it see if you can switch the browser core from Ultra to Retro . With Max Cloud I use Retro version for play and the Ultra for everything else . At the top of the page by the menu tab you can click on the lightning bolt to change back and forth between the 2 or you can do it from the menu . Also each version will have a different version of flash .

So something to look for and try out .

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 10:54 AM

As it's an Alpha release....early days.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 12:02 PM

RSS