Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links vs UK Golfers Elite

Mon, Aug 8 2016 8:24 AM (42 replies)
  • PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 1:43 PM

paul english lost 2 down to thewonderstuff

first off all, paul was a great guy to play against and a top player. really enjoyed the game but not the result,lol.
    when you play these mid 50 average champs you cant make any mistakes, and i made 3 and paul punished me. paul started on fire and my first mistake on hole 2 gave paul the advantage to go one up. i then birdied,eagle,birdied and birdied over the next 4 holes to give me a one up advantage. this is how it stayed until the b9. i made two very poor shots on the b9, one i over shot the green and one was a 4.5 ft putt. paul was flawless on the b9 and it was a pleasure to watch. really enjoyed the company and more than happy how i played, held some very decent putts, just got beat by the better player on the night.

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2016 9:16 AM

PColls Vs Amateur4sure

Just played my match with Phil, Great fun, Company and Laughs...
    The main difference between the two of us was the putting, Mine decided to behave itself today and I won 3 up..  Phil had so many lip-outs It was unreal.

Was 4 up at one stage then a strange shot left me 15yards short on approach hmmm indeed and in Bunker, Managed to save par but Phil played a lovely flop for Bird after driving into ruff and hitting a Hybrid up to flop area, Sweet shot..!!

Phil had some tough luck along the way and BPB played a little bit strange on a few shots, Left us both scratching our Bonces lol

Great fella and another new friend, We will definitely be playing again, Fun all the way..!

Chris

Go enjoy your Holiday my friend and I`ll catch you on the flip..!!

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2016 10:00 AM

Had a great game against Iain, was back and forth whole game I was 2 up after 11 but he fought his way back, we were all tied up going into 18, my approach was 3ft his was 7ft , he just missed the bird shot, while i caught edge and dropped in

Shedlite (L) (USA) vs IainMclean (L) (GBR) = shedlite wins 1up

great guy great company was a pleasure to play and game could have gone either way luck was with me today :o)

• shing1
    443 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2016 1:54 PM

just played deano, very good game n banter

i won 3 up, 

i started off very well, was 5up after 6 or 7 but deano pulled his finger out n came back at me thro the next few holes

very good game m8 cheers n ty to the organisers for setting it up...:)

• deanoxxx7
    2,373 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2016 2:29 PM

as reported by pete a 3&2 win for pete

I started awful but take nothing away from pete he was winning with birdies,,, well played pete,,,  enjoyed the game

cheers

Deano

• andyi45
    304 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 6:59 AM

andyi45 wins 5 up v lawman48

A good game with Peter that was closer than the score suggests. Only 1 in it after the front 9 but Peter was unlucky with a couple of putts on the back 9.

• lawman48
    3,121 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 8:47 AM

Lost to Andy but enjoyed the game, and when all is said and done the better player won.

Peter

• mickcharvill
    1,281 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 8:53 AM

utterly thrash by Pipala

He deservedly wins 6up

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 11:16 AM

Thanks for the game Mick everything went my way today, it's not always the case. I'm sure you'll get me back one day :)

Cheers Mick

• Stormdance
    2,571 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 1:19 PM

Just played Binky and lost on the 2nd extra hole.  I was 4 up through 9 but what a fighter.  Well played Binky really enjoyable game.

Tim

RSS