Forums

Help › Forums

Ready Go's

Sun, Oct 2 2016 2:20 PM (111 replies)
  • Courtney01
    912 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2016 9:25 AM

Yea well I thought we convinced them to add more. But all that happened was they were scheduled to make changes, so added a couple good RG's and took away the couple that were on there that were good so really it was a wash.

The more frustrating thing then the RG list being stale and boring is the lack of response from a WGT employee, in the past one would comment on the replies within a few days. Now, it seems impossible even after weeks. Perhaps I will just try emailing them so I can at least get a direct response. Because it seems totally possible that a WGT employee has still not seen this thread at all.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2016 4:01 PM

Courtney01:

Yea well I thought we convinced them to add more. But all that happened was they were scheduled to make changes, so added a couple good RG's and took away the couple that were on there that were good so really it was a wash.

The more frustrating thing then the RG list being stale and boring is the lack of response from a WGT employee, in the past one would comment on the replies within a few days. Now, it seems impossible even after weeks. Perhaps I will just try emailing them so I can at least get a direct response. Because it seems totally possible that a WGT employee has still not seen this thread at all.

You are right, it seems it is now even worse than before this thread was started... Please add more rgs... Not only are there less in total but there are exactly zero 200 and 300 credit rgs right now. Only 50 credit rgs 9 and 18 holes. two 9 hole 100 credit rgs at rsg, chambers. 600 credit best of par 5 and then the 1500 credit pebble beach rg.

I play very little compared to some, so it's saying something when I'm running out of rgs to play.

Can we at least get a response on this? 

I'm already losing the fun and I just came back from taking a significant break. I hope they hear us out...

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 9:19 AM

were the new ready go's due today or am i off by a week...lol

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 4:57 PM

22rg's showing and 13 of them are uel.....really. Come on !!

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 3:09 AM

seems we have the new uel but someone forgot to flip the switch for the regs..

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 5:15 AM

I posted some where else last week aswell about the uninspiring ready go's, and that all those Uneven Lies ready go's are just a waste of space and need to be halved and replaced with normal ready go's between $2 and $5 entry fees.

I noted when one or 2 players had a go at me that they like the uneven lies, which i answered with some FACTS, , so i looked at the ready go list and this is what i came up with. (from my other post)  "Take one of the most popular ready go courses. St Andrews back 9 Uneven lies ready go turnes over TWICE in SEVEN days, whilst the normal ready go at St Andrews 18 holes turned over TWENTY SEVEN times in THREE days.  The most popular uneven lie ready go was Bethpage which turned over FOUR times in SEVEN days, way way less than the least poplular normal ready go.  There is no comparison really, they ARE a waste of space!  They are not generating a fraction of revenue for WGT, so why shouldn't a few of them be replaced by ready go's which are more popular and will certanly benefit the player AND WGT???"

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 9:42 AM

I would agree Chris, i would say a raatio of 2 to 1 for regular rg's versus uel rg's....seems close.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 1:44 PM

cappiest:

I would agree Chris, i would say a raatio of 2 to 1 for regular rg's versus uel rg's....seems close.

Its 1.67 to 1 right now for regular rg's versus uel rg's. It gets replenished coz one of the players,Joe, takes care of it.

chrisironsbones:
    I posted some where else last week aswell about the uninspiring ready go's, and that all those Uneven Lies ready go's are just a waste of space and need to be halved and replaced with normal ready go's between $2 and $5 entry fees.

I have done extensive research and come to the conclusion that it is absolutely false.

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 5:01 AM

3 times in a row I've sent the new UEL list one week too late to Shoe. This time I've sent it on time and there are immediately players to complain there are too many UEL RG's, just because some RG's from the previous list are still visible one more day.

There are ONLY 6 UEL RG's for 10 EL RG's. There's ONLY 1 UEL wk tournament for 6 EL wk tournament. There's ONLY 1 UEL bracket tournament for 3 EL bracket tournament. There's NO UEL monthly tournament for 6 EL monthly tounaments. And it's still too much!?

Joe

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 5:47 AM

Not really fair to pick on Joe, simply because he's volunteered to manage RG listings.....  I can't see where attempting to please the masses would be any fun at all....      This being said, I have a hard time imagining  WGT does not have an integrated system that picks RG's on a random basis....  It seems to me a good protocol would be something that resembles the following......    Automated, 7 day turn over, 10 UEL's, 10 EL's, and a mix of enrty fee's such as:

1200 UEL 18

800 UEL 18

500 UEL 18

300 UEL 18

200 UEL 18

200 UEL 9

100 UEL 18

100 UEL  9

50 UEL 9

50 UEL 9

1200 EL 18

800 EL 18

500 EL 18

300 EL 18

200 EL  18

200 EL  9

100 EL  18

100 EL 9

50 EL 9

50 EL 9

Guess I'm not a huge fan of the 50's.....   simply can never really come out ahead, in regard to ball use and replenishment, and a 50- 18 hole----is a waste.       But anyway, something that has a descent range of entry fee's... but more importantly make the damn thing automated...

RSS