Forums

Help › Forums

Ready Go's

Sun, Oct 2 2016 2:20 PM (111 replies)
  • Courtney01
    912 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 4:20 AM

Well this post has been up for a week now. Anyone from WGT wanting to respond? Please keep the RG list going strong because it's a big part of the game for day to day play. Without it anyone who wants to play for credits is pretty much left out. We need about 8-10 more RG's. 1000,500,300,200. And then it would be fun again. Any chance someone from WGT can respond within the next week? ha ha ha.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 5:54 AM

Just to add to what everyone else has said already. I agree It's been pretty bad for months. Come to think of it...pretty much since topgolf bought them out. They must be lowering amount of rgs so more people have to buy credits. They've made it public in various forums they are hurting somewhat financially, I mean topgolf bought them out. Also, If anyone remembers... they lowered the payout in monthly virtual tour by 50%... Wouldn't be surprising in the least if they are pushing them in certain ways to increase profits.

So, this is what I believe is happening. I'd like to see more 200-500 credit rgs. But that's probably where the majority of players were making their profit and wgt was losing profit. 1000+ credit rgs fill up quite slow and are filled with higher tier players with large amounts of credits to begin with. Wgt isn't losing there. Uneven lies is similar, they fill up much slower. Then there are the several 50-100 cr rgs which make up the majority of rg list, with the expense of balls, you pretty much have to place top 3 to make much. They have so many of these out to give the appearence of a big selection but in essense it fixes their profit margin issue. I'm pretty sure current rg list is very purposeful

Maybe add a 500c oakmont and merion 18 hole rg with 14 stimp greens. Mod-high winds. I like Courtneys suggestion of a 1000c st andrews rg... Haven't seen that one in ages.

And then other random 200-400 at rsg, bpb, kiawah, olympic etc, 9 holers and some 18 holer rgs. But I can understand why they went away from these.

I hope they take note of our unhappiness with this. Readygos are a big part of what makes this game fun. Would be nice to see them address the problem. But I can also understand they have to make money or there won't be anymore wgt.

AB

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 7:07 AM

id like to see more 9 hole rgs for legends 100 200 entry  i dont like 18 holes  n i know alot dont so i think make more 9 hole legends

• NAUGHTYBINATURE
    260 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 9:12 AM

Well i think Wgt should charge CHAMPIONS a premium for entry's..

LOL

who agrees????

XXX

• NAUGHTYBINATURE
    260 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 9:17 AM

I would like to see the biggest flirt aka...emily...aka..swingingroofer..charged a premium and to have her average locked cause she plays like a champion...LOL

xo

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 11:13 AM

AgentBrown123:
    I'd like to see more 200-500 credit rgs. But that's probably where the majority of players were making their profit and wgt was losing profit.

But...with the higher credit RG's, WGT takes in a higher rake.

You'd think they would realize this as well?

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 12:58 PM

MBaggese:

AgentBrown123:
    I'd like to see more 200-500 credit rgs. But that's probably where the majority of players were making their profit and wgt was losing profit.

But...with the higher credit RG's, WGT takes in a higher rake.

You'd think they would realize this as well?

By the time 1 1000c fills up, you'd have more than 10 100c ones fill up. But leaving it aside they'd get more cut if they make more tourneys, its as simple really.. Now if they made a Cabo/Whistler 100c one, that would probably roll out 5 times a day easily.

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 4:01 PM

the 50cr 9 hole and 100cr 9-18 hole fill very quickly which shows their popularity but the 50cr 18's have got to go as only the top 3 are profiting. i personally am not so concerned with making a lot of credits but enjoy the competition and rush that comes from having something other than bragging rights on the line.

Turfsand

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 7:09 PM

You guys are missing the point I think... Yeah wgt takes in more in those 1000 credit rgs but the people who win those or break even tend to have large amounts of credits to begin with. So they won't ever consider buying credits. Puting more of those out wouldn't do anything except make the rich richer. Think of it like inflation; the dollar becoming less valuable. Every credit needs value behind it. If people aren't actually buying credits, the credits they take from rgs aren't actually worth anything. It's like how the u.s. government likes to give handouts without actually accounting for the cost, in effect devaluing the dollar. Just print more money? Lol

Go to 100 or especially 50 credit rgs. Wgt may get more in credits overall because of filling up so fast, but players are getting much less especially when you account for the cost of nikes per round which is what you will need to win. Then you're really spinning your wheels unless you're finishing top 3 consistently, thus meaning it's more likely they will buy credits.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 3:27 AM

AgentBrown123:

You guys are missing the point I think... Yeah wgt takes in more in those 1000 credit rgs but the people who win those or break even tend to have large amounts of credits to begin with. So they won't ever consider buying credits. Puting more of those out wouldn't do anything except make the rich richer. Think of it like inflation; the dollar becoming less valuable. Every credit needs value behind it. If people aren't actually buying credits, the credits they take from rgs aren't actually worth anything. It's like how the u.s. government likes to give handouts without actually accounting for the cost, in effect devaluing the dollar. Just print more money? Lol

Go to 100 or especially 50 credit rgs. Wgt may get more in credits overall because of filling up so fast, but players are getting much less especially when you account for the cost of nikes per round which is what you will need to win. Then you're really spinning your wheels unless you're finishing top 3 consistently, thus meaning it's more likely they will buy credits.

mathematics aside, i think it has a negative impact on wgt profits to have such few ready gos to choose from. i can only speak for myself, but i am playing considerably less since the list went down to 10/9/8 entries. i only play the 1k/500cr rg if they have high wind and a course i like (otherwise im not competitive) and the rest becomes rather boring after playing it the 3rd time in a week.
    Im pretty sure I would play at least 2 or 3 rg a day if there would be a nice list of around 20 different tournies to choose from.

RSS