Forums

Help › Forums

Ready Go's

Sun, Oct 2 2016 2:20 PM (111 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 6:01 AM

JoeMaverick:
    There are ONLY 6 UEL RG's for 10 EL RG's. There's ONLY 1 UEL wk tournament for 6 EL wk tournament. There's ONLY 1 UEL bracket tournament for 3 EL bracket tournament. There's NO UEL monthly tournament for 6 EL monthly tounaments. And it's still too much!?

I'm not having a go at you at all joe, but at present there is way too much Uneven Lies ready go's, and looking at your score history, you seem to enjoy playing them much more than standard ready go's so would you say that you're a tiny bit biased towards the unevel lie ready go even though they dont turn over as often therefore not generating WGT/players as much revenue??

razza31:

chrisironsbones:
    I posted some where else last week aswell about the uninspiring ready go's, and that all those Uneven Lies ready go's are just a waste of space and need to be halved and replaced with normal ready go's between $2 and $5 entry fees.

I have done extensive research and come to the conclusion that it is absolutely false.

You don't need "extensive research".  All you need to do is write down how many uneven lies tournaments turn over  in a week and compare them to the even lies of similar course and entry fee.  No uneven lie ready go turns over as often and as quick as ANY even lie ready go.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 6:35 AM

im having a hard time comprehending what u are trying to say chris. ive heard the same words uttered many times in the last posts and its sounding like a broken record.

u say ur not having a go at joe, then u say hes biased because he plays ul tourneys, then u go on to revenue generation?

u also said this in the other thread :

Seing as you CAN ADD as much as you want and wgt chose not to do so as you say, Leave the Unevens there then and just add a few more variety like a few extra $2 and $3 ones, thats all im asking  Theres loads more  50c and $1 than any other ready go.

so why keep NOT 'having a go' at the ul rgs when u acknowledge that the problem itself isn't with ul rgs as such, its because there isn't enough of ur type of regular rgs to play.

and who sets those up?

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 3:23 PM

turfsand:

seems we have the new uel but someone forgot to flip the switch for the regs..

can someone from WGT give an estimation as to when the new regular lie ready go list will be out?

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 3:43 PM

AgentBrown123:

They'll never change the payout structure. It's there for a reason. It would be too high if they went top 4... the better players would play and dominate all of them. The border line competitors would never join then.

They just need more 200-500 credit rgs... Noticed they just started a 400 credit pinehurst rg. yay!

:)

Agreed, but with the 50 credit ones, pay out on top 4 only and you have a decent purse for the buck. 50 runners at 50 cent only  =2500 credits. Could be 1200    800    350    150.. Wgt  could charge 10 cent extra on the enerty fee to cover their take. That would certainly gain interest i think.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 3:44 PM

Wontonamo:
    u say ur not having a go at joe, then u say hes biased because he plays ul tourneys, then u go on to revenue generation?

Does this prove it...... Outy of the 13 Uneven Lies ready go's which turned over in past 7 days, Joe has come top 3 in ELEVEN, and only doubling his money in other 2.  I'm not having a go at Joe for coming top 3 in 85% of the 13 Uneven Lie Ready go's he's eneterd.  Doesn't this show its a bit of  "the children running the sweet (candy)shop" and it shows why there's so much uneven lies ready go's.  Maybe they' don't turn over as often, but the guy whi makes the list is always coming top 3 in them so obviously he's going to favour them.  If i kept winning certain ready go's of course i'm going to favour those courses over any others.  

There's will never be months to please everyone, but please a bit of variance in the EL ready go's.  at present there was 9 and FOUR of those were 50c and 3 x $1, every one knows the EL ready go's turn over most so whats the problem in adding a few more to give us choice?

I suggested this last year, to take the heat off Joe seeing as he seems to be always picking ready go's, why not host a monthly tournament and the winner gets to chose the following months ready go's. It would be a very popular tournament and different players would get to chose a month worth of tournaments. 

Wontonamo:
    so why keep NOT 'having a go' at the ul rgs when u acknowledge that the problem itself isn't with ul rgs as such, its because there isn't enough of ur type of regular rgs to play.

Yes there's not enough variety of EL ready go's but as I'm trying to point out for example the uneven lies are not as popular so why have as much or MORE Variety than the popular even lies???   There's 10 Uneven Lies ready go's (at present when i went to look at ready go list to play this minute) and they turn over in 7 days maybe twice at most.  If  more could be added of even lies ready go's then great, but if not, isn't it common sense that 2  or 3 out of those 10 Unevns could be replaced with even lies to give the $2 or $3 thats lacking for a quicker turnaround.  SO its tying in to what i mentioned above.  Joe prefers to play UL ready go's because he can come top 3 in 85% of the ones he enteres, so he's obviously going to chose the ones he can make credits in just like if you always scored 57 in st Andrews then you would put a St Andrews ready go top of the list each month.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 4:45 PM

why don't u write to wgt and ask to look after the rg list, just like joe volunteered to do.

get an answer from the horses mouth.

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2016 2:06 AM

chrisironsbones:
    Joe prefers to play UL ready go's because he can come top 3 in 85% of the ones he enteres

It's true but I also prefer by far playing UEL tournaments. They are more interesting because more challenging (I like when it's difficult, so I also like to play in heavy wind). A EL tournament in low wind is a ding competition. Not fun and too many cheaters (much less now).

chrisironsbones:
    so he's obviously going to chose the ones he can make credits in just like if you always scored 57 in st Andrews then you would put a St Andrews ready go top of the list each month.

Since the beginning you talk about things you don't know/understand. If you look at the UEL list since more than 2 weeks, you will see that:

- There are always 6 UEL RG's (the 5000cr one is a mistake made by WGT some months ago), a rotation happens every 3 weeks. But sometime I forget to send the new list and there's a week without any UEL RG, sometime more when shoe is on vacation at that time.

- The structure is always the same: 2 9-hole 50cr, 1 9-hole 100cr, 1 18-hole 100cr, 1 18-hole 200cr and 1 18-hole 500cr. A player asked me to have a 18-hole 50cr so every 2 rotations I set it instead of a 9-hole 50cr.

- There are always 2 low winds, 2 moderate winds and 2 heavy winds. There's always one RG in every green speeds between 9 and 13.

- I track which course I set in every combinations of credits, winds, green speeds to be sure to have a maximum of variety in the list I propose. There's never (except new course) 2 times the same course in the same list. 

So I'm sorry but no, I don't choose the courses according to my preference. I choose the courses according to the past. For example every available courses have been set as 500cr UEL RG, the same for every credits. I plan a little bit more St Andrews because I have noticed that it's the most popular course, in opposition of BoP5 in heavy wind, seen as a lotery by a lot of players.

The fact is that I'm good on every courses, in every conditions, especially in UEL because it's harder. But I'm not only good in UEL; I'm also one of the best WGT players on Bandon Dunes in moderate/heavy wind, and I've also won the last VT major on Kiawah (champion tier), and I'm the current VT quarter champion (wait, is VT UEL tournaments?). Saying I'm good because I set the RG is an insult.

Joe

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2016 3:24 AM

PRIESTESS:
    Agreed, but with the 50 credit ones, pay out on top 4 only and you have a decent purse for the buck. 50 runners at 50 cent only  =2500 credits. Could be 1200    800    350    150.. Wgt  could charge 10 cent extra on the enerty fee to cover their take. That would certainly gain interest i think.

Great initiative, but with a couple of flaws (imo). The purse for the 50 cr RG is 2000 (cause they take a 20% rake). Although I see your suggestion is to charge the rake on top of the entry fee. The problem with your credit distribution is the fact that if it's done this way, most of the heavy hitters will start playing nothing but 50 cr ones, lol. Cause the return vs. the risk will be phenomenal. 

As a result, less people will pay higher entry fees and much fewer "lesser skilled" players will enter them, both resulting in lower rake totals. As it is now, many people play these just cause it's cheap to enter, they still get that comp thrill vibe and maybe even 25 cr back ;-)

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2016 4:08 AM

JoeMaverick:
    Saying I'm good because I set the RG is an insult.

All i did wasI looked at your score history of past week and you played mostly uneven lies, THIS is why i stated in my opinion that there was just as much uneven lies as even lies (which was my initial argument), becasue as the creator of the tournaments you obviously (going by past 7 days which i saw) play more of UL than EL ready go.  Easy example if iwas creating ready go's if i was allowed to post 20, i would create 13 EL ready go's to 7 UL.

When i looked at ready go list last night it didn't seem random as you stated, out of 10 EL ready go's there was 4 x 50c, 3 x $1c and only 1 x $4 (the $6 wasn't available) Couldn't see any popular $2 or $3 (or even a $5)  but there was these in UL.  All i'm saying is the UL ready go's seem much m,ore varied with $ compared to the EL.  All i'm asking is please add one or 2 extra $2 or $3 ready go's instead of having 4 x 50c ones....PLEASE!!!  I get slated for asking to remove 2 UL to be replaced with EL, which I cant understyand because EL ready go's are a quicker turnaround comaperd to UL which turn over maybe ONCE or TWICE in a WEEK!!!

But i will give you some praise though.  The $6 high wind par 5 tournament is AMAZING! Play it every day but yet to make par.  

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2016 4:19 AM

chrisironsbones:
     I get slated for asking to remove 2 UL to be replaced with EL,

As was said before, why is there need to remove UEL, when they could simply add a couple of evens. These spots aren't as limited as in CCs. They've added high stakes RGs to what was thought of as full rosters before. They could easily do the same now, if they wanted. UEL ones have nothing to do with this.

RSS