Forums

Help › Forums

club buy back

Wed, Dec 9 2009 5:50 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 5:15 PM

The real issue is that in the short span of about 4 months WGT released an arsenal of new clubs to complement the Starter clubs.  Putting "I gotta have" clubs out there on a weekly basis.  Each new club virtually better than the last version.

For someone just now joining it is not a problem.  He/she has lots of choices, just like at your favorite discount golf shop.  For those who have been around awhile it is a bit unfair.  Maybe WGT should provide a higher buy-back percentage for those who've been on the site since May.  But only through the end of August. 

For newbies it would be like real life... you have lots of choices, make your pick.  No buy back plan.  For regulars, get things sorted out before the 31st.  After that it's like real life.  No buy backs for you either.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 5:26 PM

Even though I am not at odds with the current system and prices, I think this is a very very good idea.  (Doublemochaman's)

Good idea, I hope WGT is listening.  The only drawback that I can see is those who have already sold back there excess equipment.. perhaps a bit of prorated refund as well?

Peace.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 9:13 PM

The club-buy back was genious!! I sold all my clubs (i had a lot of them), and got all the best, new clubs, and didnt pay much AT ALL!

• RyanTM
    15 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:28 AM

I think it is a good thing. I just wish they would let you sell your starter clubs.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:44 AM

Oh Ryan... your starter clubs were given to you free.  Are you serious?  Do you really want WGT to pay you for them?

And I'd like a buy-back program for all the balls I've plunked into the water.  I'm sure if they look in the lake on Kiawa #17 they'll find lots of balls!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 11:45 AM

Pretty soon the water on 17 will not be a hazard.... just a mound of old, soggy, discarded golf balls.

just watch out when your ball ricochets off all the other balls in there and comes straight back to you!

• ccwm
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 5:50 PM

Well, it would be good for people who have been here for a certain time. I can see why people who just started might not stay, but for those who stay, like myself, should have that option in the future.

• PAGES
RSS