Forums

Help › Forums

club buy back

Wed, Dec 9 2009 5:50 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RedNecksniper
    10 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 9:47 AM

Club buy back is a rip off..25% come on needs to be at least 75% or base it on how long you've ouned them.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 10:02 AM

I disagree.  25% is fair.

Why does WGT sell you clubs in the first place?  To make money to keep the site up.  Why should they give the lion's share back to you if you wish to upgrade?

Bad business.

Remember, until recently, there was no buy-back.  Once you bought it, it was yours in perpetuity.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 1:37 PM

Eh, 25% is low-balling us just a little imo.  They could've done at least 35-40%.  Even 50% since the money's being put right back into their system, but whatever.  I'll live.

The key thing here is that 25% > 0%, so be happy for that. ;-)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 9:56 PM

25% does strike one as rather stingy.    I also feel they could have factored in the time when you bought a certain club. I used the older R9 driver for all of 2 weeks, and wouldn't have purchased it at all if given warning that an upgrade would be released only 14 days later.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 10:30 PM

nivlac:

The key thing here is that 25% > 0%, so be happy for that. ;-)

QFT.

• RedNecksniper
    10 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 12:01 AM

no pal the key is its a damn rip off........you buy clubs you cant test first then they move you back away from the fairways to where you have to buy more crap or you still cant play.......I brought about 15 people in this game because it was a fun place to play but now the lag sucks the clubs suck and the buy back is a rip off!!!!!!!!!

Thats the truth and if you hear me HOLLA

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 12:06 AM

Wow.. if it's that bad... don't play.

• beaver62
    28 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 5:38 AM

dude, i know what your talking about, but you forget about whats going on here, this is a business of entertainment, and you know, you will pay to play,and a business is about making money, i wish i was smart enogh to come up with something like this, but what can i do? either keep the clubs, or buy the clubs to improve my game, or i can find another source of entertainment, i`m not tring to step on your bubble, just want you to come back to reality, money talks,  good luck to you,!!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 6:15 AM

Again........you do not have to spend any money at all here. It is totally free. There are masters players that do it with the starter clubs, If you do CHOOSE to spend money don't complain about it. I see guys on the course that upgrade their drivers every year for real how much do you think you get for one year old clubs.......check the PGA site it will tell you. At the end of the day we are talking about 9 bucks max for a driver. If 9 bucks is going to break you maybe you shouldn't be spending it.

• RedNecksniper
    10 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 4:45 PM

Im just staying my opinion of how they treat there members and i realy do believe they are taking advantage of there members and i also do believe it will come back on them in the long run... Don't get me wrong i do enjoy the game just not the way they treat us!

• PAGES
RSS