Forums

Help › Forums

Thread dropped

Wed, Jun 29 2016 7:24 AM (21 replies)
  • WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 4:21 PM

I would have preferred that wgt culled out all the inappropriate posts. I think it's important for Wgt or should I say TG, to see how this sort of thing affects their customer base. I was all for this to happen but not by keeping players in the dark of what exactly they are being accused of.

My 2 cents & I'm done, see ya

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 4:23 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    But the thread turned into nothing but bickering and insults. 

Ah, but if you looked past that, IMO it was a good move by WGT in the right direction and a lot of good info was put forth. Thanks for that.

Ya, maybe a coupla mud pies.   ;-)

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 5:01 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

The thread was deleted because it became nothing productive.  We started to try and give players some amount of info on what was going on.  But the thread turned into nothing but bickering and insults. 

If the thread was kept more on course and not the craziness it turned into, we wouldn't of deleted it.

- WGTdbloshoe

With respect Shoe, and I only speak for myself, it has been my experience that in the absence of facts, people tend to fill in the blanks with assumptions and educated guesses. Cheating has been a big topic throughout many of the threads, and Icon posted something akin to red meat for hungry lions..not much detail (understandable), but this led to arguments, supposition, defenses, etc. Additionally, as with almost all threads of any length, the topic morphs into something else...everything from heated arguments, to jokes, to music videos. 

Nobody with any time on this site should have been surprised by the chronology of it.

Anyway, I am fully on board with booting those caught cheating...so keep up the gr8 work..:) 

ct

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 5:11 PM

In the future I think the fair thing to do when someone is suspected of using something, would be to submit what is your using for investigation.

Let WGT and its acting agents determine after reviewing the subject in question.

If the person or persons are not willing to hand over the material in question then termination from the site.

I meant no disrespect to WGT , the mod. or players, I was just stating the facts as I saw them.

• Dstylie
    774 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 5:25 PM

They Aren't coming back dude, give it up. Do you ever consider the chance that they aren't telling you what they really used?!

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 5:33 PM

I would have preferred that WGT posted nothing and did what they needed to do privately with the individuals. Essentially players who maybe were breaking T and C's had an opportunity to simply change their direction and not get caught breaking the rules.

Why take a fishing pole to the lake if you can catch em all with a big net. 

My way of thinking anyways, there may be more that got away.

Cheers,

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 6:08 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

The thread was deleted because it became nothing productive.  We started to try and give players some amount of info on what was going on.  But the thread turned into nothing but bickering and insults. 

If the thread was kept more on course and not the craziness it turned into, we wouldn't of deleted it.

- WGTdbloshoe

Whilst I agree the mud slinging aspect was regrettable, surely it would have been better to culled those posts and left the intent of the thread up, even if locked.

The "security sweep" appear to have culled some players for reasons unknown, but personally I think this was a good thing to highlight.

The reasons will always be conjecture, but by the company showing they will implement measures to stop any illegal unfair advantages must surely be worth leaving that post up.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 1:28 AM

Should never have been on forum.....it was a statement of what WGT were doing regarding "sweeps"

Should have been on WGT news and in fact should be on there now.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 1:28 AM

Should never have been on forum.....it was a statement of what WGT were doing regarding "sweeps"

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2016 6:34 AM

bubbsboy:

I have to agreed with this.  The only people on this site that are aware anything is being done concerning cheating are those that read the forum and saw the post topic.

For newbys seeing these scores they have to wonder are these legit, how can I compete against that, and promptly leave. 

Would have been even better to see WGT post along with the news

Here is a list of those caught, and they have been banned from the site.

1.  So and So

2.  This one too

3.  And also

But alas, we know the answer to that one.

On a side note, I doubt that it would have stopped the other topic post from happening.  Too many concerned and curious forum people.(Those that are aware of the forum anyway)

RSS