Forums

Help › Forums

Thread dropped

Wed, Jun 29 2016 7:24 AM (21 replies)
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 2:45 PM

Apparently, the "Security sweeps" thread has been deleted. The last post I've seen by mail was by pierolitfiba an hour ago, on 28 Jun 2016, 1:44:56 pm PDT.

IMHO, it's the first time that a thread, opened by a mod (Icon) (!!), has been deleted - it happened after about 1,000 posts, when possible actions of some of the blocked players were discussed in public.

Mind you, it wasn't just closed&blocked but it was deleted, and all the postings are gone (seemingly).

Disclaimer: Don't restart the same discussion here, after a long time it seems unwanted!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 3:15 PM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 3:19 PM

I missed those last posts you referred and so guessing if we are on exactly the same page or not.

I will say finding it gone I find wholly inappropriate.  It's an issue affecting people and a big one.

Yes a volatile subject and so it was always going to need to be watched, and anything veering player specific of an ongoing nature it was not the place for.  Deleting the whole thread, with no announcement, is poor though, very poor, IMO.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 3:21 PM

It was the thing to do .  After watching it from the start and seeing how it turned into players of this game we all love turn into noting  more than a fight .  

OPY

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 3:28 PM

There were a few noteable absentees at the end of it.

Feeling folk were being moderated through it. Not the threads fault of course but it was leading to some "my dads bigger than your dad" stuff.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 3:55 PM

bubbsboy:

There were a few noteable absentees at the end of it.

Feeling folk were being moderated through it. Not the threads fault of course but it was leading to some "my dads bigger than your dad" stuff.

If Icon's thread was deleted, is he also being moderated?...lol

..soz, couldn't resist

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 4:20 PM

I was surprised that it was allowed to go for as long as it did . My last look and it was 107 pages and still going strong . The lesson learned is simple though WGT calls the shots and it doesnt matter as to whether or not if we like it .

I have been here for 5 years now and for 41/2 of them I have seen all kinds of threads demanding that WGT do something about the cheats in the game . OK well now they finally have and the same players who ranted and fumed over something being done are the same ones having a fit over it being done .

Me personally I could care less as it hasnt affected my game play not one bit . I still play and enjoy the game and Im not missing any of those who got the boot . Well done WGT clean your house clear your house and run your house and let them know who is really in charge when it comes to the game . JOB WELL DONE .

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts

Best guess as to why, was it was let known what they had been using.  Will not let it be known in this thread.  But needless to say I do have a copy of the quote and my reply.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts

It sure was an eye opener to those that followed it. Most enlightening.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts

The thread was deleted because it became nothing productive.  We started to try and give players some amount of info on what was going on.  But the thread turned into nothing but bickering and insults. 

If the thread was kept more on course and not the craziness it turned into, we wouldn't of deleted it.

- WGTdbloshoe

RSS