Help › Forums

Wanting to upgrade my driver and 3 wood

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:46 PM (30 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,676 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 4:29 PM

MrFunnyWobbl:
    I'm confused. They will package them and give them at a better rate togerther?

The "package price" I saw was simply the three clubs combined at 10% off. In other words, there was no additional discount.   

• tjune2016
    588 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 6:02 AM

cannot go wrong with the nike vapor driver  i had the taylor made r15 and went down a few levels to Buy the Nike Vapor  best driver out their for the cost. Average deive with nike is 300 yards  +  i can reach some par 4's with it and over shoot the green some times. as for the 3 wood i would say the nike or the callaway level 89 both good.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 10:04 AM

Thanks for hijacking my thread guys.

Thanks though to the helpful peeps that gave me much information!

• tjune2016
    588 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2016 8:07 AM

L85 vapor fly pro driver best  i have owned by far.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2016 10:22 PM

Well, based on comments in this thread, I went ahead and got the driver too. Like I really needed another one.

In racing car terms, it's a tad down on power compared to my R15  but it handles beautifully. I can give up a couple of yards for a tad higher fairway percentage.

tjune2016:

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2016 1:37 AM

petervcpt:

Be gentle! :o)

You were lucky if your thread was on topic for full two pages. The probability of OT stuff grows with the square of post numbers.

• Robert1893
    7,676 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2016 5:30 AM

K7JBQ:

Well, based on comments in this thread, I went ahead and got the driver too. Like I really needed another one.

In racing car terms, it's a tad down on power compared to my R15  but it handles beautifully. I can give up a couple of yards for a tad higher fairway percentage.

That's my conclusion as well. Into the wind, its distance suffers a bit more than other drivers in its class as well. But not by a lot.  

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2016 9:40 AM

K7JBQ:

tjune2016:

Also remember that TJune is hitting from tour pro tees. I tend to double check club recommendations from lower tiers, only because of the distance from the legend tees. In this case, the driver should be fine even from the back tips. 

From the TP tees, I expect the only clubs used are driver, wedge and putter...lol

ct

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:33 PM

alosso:

petervcpt:

Be gentle! :o)

You were lucky if your thread was on topic for full two pages. The probability of OT stuff grows with the square of post numbers.

lol Alosso!

Thanks for that info :-)

RSS