Help › Forums

Wanting to upgrade my driver and 3 wood

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:46 PM (30 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,677 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 6:24 AM

phred952:
     I did OK with the Rsi2's when i first got them, but have been having trouble with my timing and have gone back to the L85 Nike VR's.

Same here. Except for the pitching wedge, I liked the spacing and yardages of the RSi2 irons better. But I'm going back to NIke and just bought Fly irons. I think the game will be a bit easier for me with the slower meter.

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 8:52 AM

@SolarFlares:

It takes patience, knowledge and interest to continually provide such detailed analysis on equipment and balls. I mention this because, after being here for a certain length of time, patience and attention to detail normally wanes.

Some of it is human nature, and some is eroded due to the ongoing glitches with the game. Tough to be excited about any product when games keep crashing out.

Anyway, good on you. The insight you provide is balanced and helpful. Certainly to the less experienced, and even to us old dogs..:)

ct

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 9:23 AM

Solarflares:
    Later , I have an evening of Alts using these clubs - so we'll see how they hold-up at Oakmont , Merion and Congressional in moderate-wind.   But signs are so far very good.

I'll play. Good to see you back posting.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 10:07 AM

How come they don't package the 80's vapor as a set with Irons 3WD, Driver and Hybrid 

• Robert1893
    7,677 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 10:26 AM

@ Solarflares

Great comments and insights. Thanks for taking the time. Very helpful.  

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 10:44 AM

@ solarflares:

Thanks for your as always, great insights.

I'm sticking to the Nike Forged irons, for sentimental reasons, I'm sure you understand why :-)

To everyone else, thanks for the info and advice.

This forum rocks, because of you guys.

So much information, and so much to learn :-)

Cheers,

Peter

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 1:04 PM

Solarflares:

MrFunnyWobbl:

How come they don't package the 80's vapor as a set with Irons 3WD, Driver and Hybrid 

If you rent them all free this weekend - WGT will then calculate a discounted package-price for the lot , giving the option to buy and equip at this temporary low price.

Wait what

I'm confused. They will package them and give them at a better rate togerther?

RSS