Help › Forums

Questions about the WGT Course Notebook

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 15 2020 7:42 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TryPants
    251 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2016 3:33 AM

Here is the linked page for the WGT Course Notebook in the Pro Shop (found under "Accessories"):

WGT Course Notebook

... just to get everyone interested in this discussion on the same.. ahem.. page.

There is not a lot of information on how well the notebook is incorporated into and during gameplay.

!) So.. how well integrated is it?

If you could.. elaborate as much as possible.

I.e. Once purchased, there are links added to the Menu to access and 'write' down whichever and whatever information you feel is warranted.

2) What is the limit on the character count per entry? Per page?

3) Any bugs or glitches that I should be aware of?

4) Does it do a good enough job to replace 'handwritten' notes of your own?

Feel free to add anything else you might feel is important, on the note of whether it is worth the 500 Credit purchase price.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration to all that may contribute to this discussion.

• MrQueez
    559 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2016 3:36 PM

There is a 500 character limit per page.  For stroke play courses there are 2 pages per course so 1000 character total.  Ctth courses have more than 1 set of pins and there is 1 page for each set of pins.

Definitely worth the 500 credits in my opinion.  You can access notes at anytime.  You can edits notes without playing and during single play round.  You can't edit the notebook in multi-play format.

Good tool in my opinion and use my as a yardage book.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2016 4:38 PM

MrQueez is one of the best players on wgt. His opinion is valuable if you are amongst the small handful of his peers with similar skill sets and innate talent. 

I am an average player; journeyman legend. I too have a note book..was gifted to me. The problem I find with note taking of any kind, is the result is never the same. I have good equipment and decent golf balls. Many people have bemoaned the same thing throughout various threads on here...dots routinely lie, the wind is hopeless (cross breeze of 15mph can send your ball far right or left...or not move it at all, on any given day)

Uphill putts notated as very slow, often leave the ball short...except when they go by 5 or 6 feet?

I've got no idea...I play everything for par, I'm ecstatic with a birdie, not surprised with a bogie. One simply cannot learn "feel" for the game...you either have it, or you don't.  If you have it, then you can take full advantage of the nike balls, notebooks and $40 putters. If you don't (like the vast majority of us), there is limited value to these purchases.

Would I recommend buying a note-book?..nope. Better off with a six pack of beer. I always putt better after a few molsens.:)

ct

• MrQueez
    559 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2016 11:38 PM

ct690911:
    I always putt better after a few molsens.:)

I'll drink to that :)

• TorstenKammerer
    48 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2016 11:59 PM

Ha..... I think you hit the nail on its head, great answer.

I used 20 muligans on a shot once, you would think i get it dialed in after 2 or three try's but no, anyway one of the 20 ended up where it was suppost to.

Next time I will get a beer instead, cheers

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 12:19 AM

MrQueez:
    There is a 500 character limit per page.  For stroke play courses there are 2 pages per course so 1000 character total.  Ctth courses have more than 1 set of pins and there is 1 page for each set of pins.

Even without the above limitation, I personally cannot understand why spend $5 for something that you have free on your computer (notepad) or you can download any of several free MS Word imitations.

I use Apache Open Office (free download), seperate document for each course and for some holes (like Merion 5) I have nearly a 1/2 page of notes - no limitations.

Thomas

• 1aceinthehole4
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 1:56 AM

I agree ct

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 2:56 AM

MS's OneNote might be good for this too, you can type notes, or write freehand, add screen caps, audio clips and video clips and you can doodle on almost anything, you can even type in a sum an it will spit out the answer. A very versatile program.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 4:24 AM

newcastleb:

MrQueez:

Even without the above limitation, I personally cannot understand why spend $5 for something that you have free on your computer (notepad) or you can download any of several free MS Word imitations.

I use Apache Open Office (free download), seperate document for each course and for some holes (like Merion 5) I have nearly a 1/2 page of notes - no limitations.

Thomas

For the simple fact that the WGT notebook is integrated into the game the others are not. Kind of a hassle using anything else. And remember anytime a new course is added the notebook is added a well. You don't have to make a new file for the new courses.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 8:58 AM

borntobesting:

newcastleb:

MrQueez:

Thomas

For the simple fact that the WGT notebook is integrated into the game the others are not. Kind of a hassle using anything else. And remember anytime a new course is added the notebook is added a well. You don't have to make a new file for the new courses.

Howzit

If you are lucky enough to own a dual monitor system, then what Thomas is proposing is a no-brainer. Before you start your game, you simply fire up your document on the left screen (in my case) read through the notes, then as with Colin...pray like heck :-)

A 6 pack here costs about $3.50

:-)

• PAGES
RSS