Forums

Help › Forums

How to post your scorecard

Wed, Jul 30 2014 2:48 PM (68 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 12:17 PM

cate55,

If you can take a screenprint of exactly what you are seeing with the box and the box that rips in half, and upload those to tinypic or imageshack that would help. You can't get the image to embed yet, but you can post the link to the screenshot there, and we can see what you are seeing.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 12:26 PM

I think I see what he's seeing because it's what you get when you don't use the correct url.

I created this in this very post by incorrectly pasting a url into the media box. It's also what you get when you don't erase the "HTTP" already waiting in the media box, or otherwise paste wrong.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:47 PM

Good find YJ,

I tried to duplicate it, but couldn't get it to show me any broken box, maybe FF handles it differently.

• cate55
    487 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:27 PM
    I found my problem !!! When I printed the scorecard into Paint, I used the "save as " ..I should have used "save" first, then used "saved as " Thank you everyone for your help, I appreciate you taking the time. Cate
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:43 PM

Cate, you have me more confused now, lol

Even if you use 'Save'; it defaults to 'Save As' if the file has not yet been saved. Either way it should save it  the same, and that shouldn't affect you being able to embed it - if ya got it working though, that's all that counts!

• cate55
    487 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 3:47 AM
    I don't know what to tell you.............. it's the only thing I did that was different before pasting it into my blog area. Thanks again !
  • cate55
    487 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 7:53 AM

Tried to post a scorecard again today ............. not working again !!!!!!!!

I give up !!!!!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 9:03 AM

OK, cate-we're getting this done. I've been trying to guess where you're getting in trouble and I think from your "I got it!" post it's in saving the picture. Follow the numbers.....

1. With scorecard showing hit PRTSC (your print screen button.)

2. Open Paint and Paste the image.

3. Use the cropping tool to surround the part of the card you want

4. Right click on your crop and click Cut

5. Open a new Paint screen and Paste your selection.

6. This is where I think you get confused- Under File click Save As, name the file and remember where it's being saved to.

7. Go to your upload place, browse to that file and upload it.

8. Right click on the correct link (see above) for your uploaded file.

9. Open your post, click the Insert Media AND DELETE THE HTTP THAT IS ALREADY THERE.

10 Right click on the now empty address box and paste your link there.

11. Click insert-I promise you your pic will show up in the post.

Like that Little Red Engine chugging up the hill.....You can do it, you can do it. 

Make us proud, brother cate.

• cate55
    487 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 7:17 PM
    It's sister Cate !!! Thank you Jim, you solved the problem ,which was to DELETE THE HTTP THAT IS ALREADY THERE. Thank you so very much !!
  • ToniLynn
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 1:13 PM

Try using Screen Rip 32. I've been using it for years and it saves the pictures with gij, bmp, or jpg.

http://www.progency.com/other.html#screenrip32

RSS