Forums

Help › Forums

2 days and no meter spikes...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 25 2011 5:56 AM (3 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 2:15 AM

I've just had the pleasure of having 2 days free of meter spikes which is fantastic, but me scores have been terrible...lol. 

I use Chrome and from advise from a friend created a shortcut of the game to my desktop.The shortcut has no browser tools, like tool bars etc, just the main wgt page. What I did was when I hit the 'PLAY NOW' the game screen starts...then I close the main WGT screen and the only thing I have running is the the games screen.

I've had no meter spikes for 2 days now and it's just great..and apart from the shocking scores, enjoying playing the game once again....how long it lasts...don't know....lol.

-Roger

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 5:10 AM

Glad  u  have no  probs withe your new server,but why the hell should we have too change browsers for the Meter Problem. ive tried ure reccomendation but stillthe same.

its WGT  problem an they need sort it out soon,  theres been  enuff in here complaining about it ,an  left too a  more   posssssssotive game ,that runs fine.

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 5:40 AM

Mantis,

I've never really had any problems with the meter...maybe one stutter every 4 or 5 games.  I also close down the main screen when I decide to play.  I don't know if that has something to do with it or not, I'm not what you would call a "computer person".  Good luck on the golfing.

-Long

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 5:56 AM

Roger discovered one of the most basic fixes for a lot of meter problems-don't have multiple browsers open when you play. When you get an invite accept it and while it's loading or waiting just close the main window and any others you might have open. Longwedge is proof.  :-)

RSS