Forums

Help › Forums

Pending golfers at the bottom of my cc members list

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 27 2023 6:57 AM (49 replies)
  • Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 2:35 AM

I selected 100 - 119 again probably the wrong 20 as they say, funny that most not all as is said quite often were Legends now why would that be, however only 4 were active. That's more than two but less than most

Alan

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 4:31 AM

Now people lets not throw our toys out of the pram, over comments that have no bearing in truth lets just concentrate on the original feed which was basically that too many clubs just invite players without bothering to clean up after themselves. 

All this other diatribe does not become you, and is pointless, we need WGT to be able through their data to control this sort of thing. They have the programmers who can put in checks and balances and then send out automatic messages telling clubs that say 10 pendings will be the maximum allowed and after a player has been pending for 2 weeks they will be automatically removed

Alan

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 9:44 AM

Edgey54321:

Now people lets not throw our toys out of the pram, over comments that have no bearing in truth lets just concentrate on the original feed which was basically that too many clubs just invite players without bothering to clean up after themselves. 

All this other diatribe does not become you, and is pointless, we need WGT to be able through their data to control this sort of thing. They have the programmers who can put in checks and balances and then send out automatic messages telling clubs that say 10 pendings will be the maximum allowed and after a player has been pending for 2 weeks they will be automatically removed

Alan

Alan, I'm certainly not throwing my toys around. But why should WGT have to do all the work ??

Surely it is not that difficult to keep a check on invites pending and delete ones that are just sitting there not being responded to.

And another point, I would rather the WGT programmers spent their time solving the annoying bugs in the game.  

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 9:44 AM

Edgey54321:

Alan

Alan, I'm certainly not throwing my toys around. But why should WGT have to do all the work ??

Surely it is not that difficult to keep a check on invites pending and delete ones that are just sitting there not being responded to.

And another point, I would rather the WGT programmers spent their time solving the annoying bugs in the game.  

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 10:24 AM

Basically because they are paid to do it. If there is a problem within their systems, then its not up to me or you to sort it out, it should not be possible to create the beast in the first place. Programming a limit is so easy  they could do it test it and install itin minutes. All the clubs you buy all the balls all the other odds a end, are you paying them to get it right. It is not up to me or you to solve the problem, Some owners create the problem others comment, we are commenting on it only. If you pay a caddie on the golf course just because the bag is heavy you dont carry it for him. Those that earn money from us ie: WGT should sort it out, stop it occuring is the simplest way

Alan

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 12:17 AM

I think its time to close this discussion nothing is going to change things unless WGT get involved, there are 1000's of club owners who dont give a damm, or have just let their clubs die, with all the pending names left forever so we the owners will never solve it on our own.

Alan

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 9:43 AM

We are so worried about players who have been placed on the pending list by a club member and left forever that we have totally missed a much more basic but important problem. A new player plays for a while then thinks I will join a club, so he/she hits the button that says he would like to join a club. WGT then search through clubs that say the are recruiting and place him on one of those clubs.

Problem what if these clubs have stopped playing I have just found 4 clubs with the owner not having played for over a year a club that has thirty something players of which only 3 or 4 are active.

No wonder players stop playing before they are hooked, with a nothing club and nobody to help them.

Now that is something for WGT to get their teeth into because they are losing massive potential revenue. No player should be place into a club where the club is inactive. We are worrying about the wrong end of the story. We should be concerned with the start not the end.

Alan

RSS