Forums

Help › Forums

Hole information; n00b mystery!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 13 2016 9:37 AM (3 replies)
  • BenTrem
    9 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 6:48 PM

First off: so glad to be back! I haven't played in months and months ... went from triple bogey on hole 1 to birdie on the 9th so it's coming back!

A detail I've forgotten. And I did look around in FAQ but don't even know now to describe it.

In the panel that displays info about the hole, to the right of the center is a picture of the green with the flag, and the numbers 1, 2 and 3 ... with 3 lines ... and then also 3 other number (I won't recall correctly) like 14 and 20 and 17, or something like.

What is that data telling me? I've been staring at it gob-smacked :-)

TIA
    --ben

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 8:55 AM

BenTrem:
    In the panel that displays info about the hole, to the right of the center is a picture of the green with the flag, and the numbers 1, 2 and 3 ... with 3 lines ... and then also 3 other number (I won't recall correctly) like 14 and 20 and 17, or something like.

Welcome back.

I would ignore it Ben, I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what it's supposed to represent and it doesn't appear on every hole anyway, so it would be of limited use.  : )
  • keidan
    311 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 8:56 AM

from alosso in response to the exact same question some time ago:

alosso:

These numbers pretend to be "stroke saver" information, but they have no relevance to the game.

@KIA, 1 - 2 - 3 obviously denote green areas for pin positions which should be indicated at the reception: "Today, pin position no. 2". No relevance in WGTland because nobody tells us "Today, pin position ..." and we have fixed pin positions which are visible through the different views with direct distance measurements.

The numbers next to the green appear as measurements. Again, no relation to the pin positions in the game, and they are fantasy numbers, not correlating with the yardage numbers in the reverse green views.

Disregard them!

• BenTrem
    9 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 9:37 AM

ScottHope:
    Welcome back.

Thanks bud!

ScottHope:
    ... I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what it's supposed to represent and it doesn't appear on every hole anyway

That's funny. So actually / in fact I forgot nothing!

keidan:
    from alosso in response to the exact same question some time ago:

alosso:
    These numbers pretend to be "stroke saver" information, but they have no relevance to the game.

Thanks for this kedan. I'll include alosso's description for the record / future use:

alosso:
    @KIA, 1 - 2 - 3 obviously denote green areas for pin positions which should be indicated at the reception: "Today, pin position no. 2". No relevance in WGTland because nobody tells us "Today, pin position ..." and we have fixed pin positions which are visible through the different views with direct distance measurements.
    The numbers next to the green appear as measurements. Again, no relation to the pin positions in the game, and they are fantasy numbers, not correlating with the yardage numbers in the reverse green views.

Disregard them!

RSS