19th Hole

Tue, Feb 16 2016 9:03 AM (59 replies)
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 12:36 PM

Thanks hoghead!!!

xxxhogheadxxx:
    Woooooooooo Pig Sooie... Razorbacks!!!!

Not trying to be a spelling nazi or anything, but you spelled "Roll Tide" wrong. :-)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 2:01 PM

Saw the thread this morning and wasn't going to comment on it or about the OP !!

Good to see it's turned into a celebration of a valued Community member..

Congrats 'Gentleman' Jay  ;-)

Andy

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 2:23 PM

alcaucin:

Saw the thread this morning and wasn't going to comment on it or about the OP !!

Good to see it's turned into a celebration of a valued Community member..

Congrats 'Gentleman' Jay  ;-)

Andy

Thanks Andy!! I surely don't get called "gentleman" very often ;-)  

It's about time for our yearly round, huh? lol.. been a while.

I'll be tied up until later next week (hopefully) and I hope to get back in the swing of things. Been a little hectic the last few days.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 3:18 PM

mik11235:

It seems our latest featured player has led a charmed life. Less than three years on here and already a Champion at level 102 with 98 holes in 1. A winner of not one but TWO fabulous  prizes.

Well, in nearly 5 years here,  I haven't even had a single replay featured.

Of course I am sure this game is  played on a level playing field, maybe its that Southern Sunshine.

Your stat's and playing record look more interesting to me.  

Your listed ranked rounds:  There are 49 shown, 45 of them the front 9 at St Andrews another a bracket where you won the first round (front 9 at St Andrews, then WD on BOP5) and the other three are F9 at Cabo (interesting may have been the wrong word).  

Strangely for a player with a 65.38 average the worst score, with one exception (in the bracket, a 32), is 31 and the best 29.  I can't guess what your average was before these 49 rounds, at 60.66 ave,  but even if you're not saturated it must have been a good bit higher and if you are it must have tumbled.

A worst score of 32 does look strange for someone with your average, but being charitable lets say that you habitually quit if it any point your round isn't going well.  This wont help your average long term and, as I also noted you recently purchased xp ultra boost, certainly wont help you level up. Incidentally I wouldn't think St A's F9 is the best place for average reducing scores.

It could be that I'm wrong about you quitting and if I am I apologise, and would be interested to hear how someone with your average after 5 years suddenly starts scoring between -5 and -7 every round.

"in nearly 5 years here,  I haven't even had a single replay featured" your 10 replays are all from your golden period since November 2015 so it seems you didn't think you had any worth keeping prior to that.  (by the way I only watched the "someone explain that one"  and it's not complicated, the ball hit the pin).

You holed two approaches (123yds and 75yds) within four holes immediately before you started this thread.  I haven't managed that in over five years playing but "Of course I am sure this game is played on a level playing field" (even ST A's F9 is hardly that)  :))

So "less than three years to level 102 and champion" may have something to do with getting consecutive days play, not quitting most rounds and generally being much better and smarter at this game than you are.

Congratulations Jay.

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 3:27 PM

Congrats on your well deserved accolade Jay.

• Young46
    1,294 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 4:00 PM

Congrats Jay, well deserved!

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 4:11 PM

Stobsbee:

Congrats on your well deserved accolade Jay.

Thank you Stobsbee!!

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 4:13 PM

Young46:

Congrats Jay, well deserved!

Thanks Jason!!

The only guy I know who can hit the wrong shot, and still end up really good!! That's talent!!

• Young46
    1,294 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 4:15 PM

jayw4862:

Thanks Jason!!

The only guy I know who can hit the wrong shot, and still end up really good!! That's talent!!

LOL I would call it luck 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 9:15 PM

Heck, I'd have voted for you too Jay!

Well if I had a vote....

Congratulation!

RSS