Forums

Help › Forums

19th Hole

Tue, Feb 16 2016 9:03 AM (59 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 6:45 AM

mik11235:

It seems our latest featured player has led a charmed life. Less than three years on here and already a Champion at level 102 with 98 holes in 1. A winner of not one but TWO fabulous  prizes.

Well, in nearly 5 years here,  I haven't even had a single replay featured.

Of course I am sure this game is  played on a level playing field, maybe its that Southern Sunshine.

You've been with wgt for almost 5 years...you reside in an alley (no CC) and have amassed a total of 1(one) friend over these many years. You have posted 11 times, and you use your 11th post to whine about another player being rewarded? ...my friend, you definitely have bigger fish to fry...Get a life.

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 6:53 AM

jayw4862:

LuckySkreet:
    Wow......  Hate Much??

He's probably just havin' a bad day Lucky. That grip is a little open. The stance is good, though. Head's down, eye's on the ball. 

LMAO Jay....    We'll need a look at his swing when he reaches the top for a full analysis....

• Robert1893
    7,675 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 7:23 AM

mik11235:

It seems our latest featured player has led a charmed life. Less than three years on here and already a Champion at level 102 with 98 holes in 1. A winner of not one but TWO fabulous  prizes.

Of course I am sure this game is  played on a level playing field, maybe its that Southern Sunshine.

Did you take notice of how many ranked rounds he's played? He's played more than 6 times the number of rounds you have. Clearly, he's put in the time and effort needed to become an excellent player. Of course, it could simply be due to luck and a charmed life. But as one of the more famous golf saying goes, "The more I practice, the luckier I get."

In other words, you might want to consider the correlation between actually playing the game and the person's score rather than the correlation between number of years a person has had an account and the person's score. Those can be two very different things. 

Alternatively, you might just want to say "Congratulations." It's a nice thing to do. And when it doesn't cost a person anything, one should always be nice. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 7:49 AM

The OP sure is fond of St. Andrews! 'Nuff said...

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 8:11 AM

Congrats Jay!!! Well deserved!!!

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 8:11 AM

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 8:12 AM

Having just now seen this thread, have no comment concerning the OP, that post speaks for itself.

As for Jay, he's topnotch, no question...congrats, bud!

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 9:01 AM

Just deleted the "Oh no you didn't say that" long reply I just wrote to the jealous one, not gonna give this person any more play. Its a turkey shoot now - shouldn't say the wrong things about the right people on the WGT.

As Jay mentioned he started using the "YancyMan Banner" as a golf shot tool when he first started playing ("even though he kind of sucked with it" - Jay on my skills) LOL - maybe that's why he now has 98 holes in one....cant explain why I have only one - LOL

Choosing his Mom as his personal photo to share -- enough said. Proud to have Jay as one of my WGT buddies & another great choice from WGT on the 19th hole.

Sincerely, I am Yancy
    @TeamYancy

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 10:53 AM

DDRoss1:

Congrats Jay, couldnt happen to a nicer person....

Thanks DD!! 

bubbsboy:

Congrats Jay, remember you contacting me with help in past. 

Also more recently lol..........but you chose another.........have fun.

Bubbs

Thanks Bubbs!!  

ct690911:
    Get a life.

LOL...On the flip side, with 5,000+ rounds in 2 1/2 years, I probably need a life, too :-)

Robert1893:
    "The more I practice, the luckier I get."

I like this. 

And this:

Robert1893:
    one should always be nice.

Jresh0817:

Thanks J!!!

Jresh0817:

Thanks again J!!! :-)

mkg335:
    congrats, bud!

Thanks Mark!!

YancyCan:
    Proud to have Jay as one of my WGT buddies

Thanks bud!! Same can be said from me Yancy. 

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 11:28 AM

mik11235:

Wow!   Really?  How many rounds have you played?  It is all about practice mik11235.

Great job Jay in getting to where you are, us that play the game know how much work goes into learning it.  Too bad people like mik11235 have to try and spoil it.

Woooooooooo Pig Sooie... Razorbacks!!!!     (had to throw that in)  :)

RSS