Forums

Help › Forums

mini world cup 2016

Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:08 AM (1,381 replies)
  • Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2016 9:37 PM

round 5 group 1   current game status update

@Pinehurst
     Team EROS vs LegendsOfTheWorld

bluey403(TL)    44-42 defeated    amature4sure(C)
    Legaci(TL)       -2  not played  Elmo56(L)        
    scottyork(TL)   -2  not played   Shedlite(L)       
    julplant(TL)        40-38 defeated     PGoldfinch(L) 
    RickyMoo(L)      44-40 defeated     hyrus(L)          
    Aahna(CH)         43-30 defeated     ballychandler(L)
    Oteare(ch)         42-33 defeated     miketexritter(L)  
    TdotDoba(CH)   38-32 defeated     bhrb747bfjdbvd (M)

edit:added completed game tdotdoba vv bhrb747bfjsbvd

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 12:20 AM

PAULFINN52:
    it can be slightly different to the strokeplay scores

Only if a player scores a triple bogey or worse ;-) 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 2:15 AM

Thanks for your patience Jess and you certainly deserved the win.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 2:34 AM

Jure is right about the scoring system and that is in not said to be critical but to give an easy way to work out scores.  As long as there are no triples or worse level par is 36pts and just +1 or -1 for each stroke over/under par.

In this way these two statements, for example, can't both be true.

bubbsboy:
    Stableford points (after deducting two points from Mike's score) Mike -- 48, me 30.

bubbsboy:
    Actual stroke score -- 59 for Mike, 76 for me.

While 30pts for a 76 is right calculating this way (36-6), 59 should be 47pts (36+11) before any deductions, and I doubt if there were any complicating triples. So I'd reckon 45-30 final score most likely.

I'm not trying to pick on this post, saying it matters or anything bad has happened.  Just trying to use it as an example to show an easy way to check scoring at the end of the round.  Probably doing it badly :(

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 7:43 AM

Finished my game with Paulfinn52 in two installments as Paul had things to do.

Front 9 went to Paul 22-21. I then took advantage of Paul's absence to get some practice in for the back 9 (Thank you Pogbah for keeping me company...)

On Paul's return we sharpened our pencils, polished the putters and resumed battle.

Avery very tight game followed and a very lucky birdie to me  on the 18th secured a 20-20 draw.

Soooooo, the score was 42-41 to Paul but as he is a Champion and I am just a lowly Legend, he has to concede two points, thus giving a final score of Paul 40 v. Kelly 41.

A great game with one of the nicest persons on WGT! Shame there had to be a winner...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 9:08 AM

DodgyPutter:

bubbsboy:
    Stableford points (after deducting two points from Mike's score) Mike -- 48, me 30.

bubbsboy:

While 30pts for a 76 is right calculating this way (36-6), 59 should be 47pts (36+11) before any deductions, and I doubt if there were any complicating triples. So I'd reckon 45-30 final score most likely.

You're correct, had I seen Bubb's post yesterday, I would have mentioned it-regarding my score.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 10:43 AM

Priesum:

Finished my game with Paulfinn52 in two installments as Paul had things to do.

Front 9 went to Paul 22-21. I then took advantage of Paul's absence to get some practice in for the back 9 (Thank you Pogbah for keeping me company...)

On Paul's return we sharpened our pencils, polished the putters and resumed battle.

Avery very tight game followed and a very lucky birdie to me  on the 18th secured a 20-20 draw.

Soooooo, the score was 42-41 to Paul but as he is a Champion and I am just a lowly Legend, he has to concede two points, thus giving a final score of Paul 40 v. Kelly 41.

A great game with one of the nicest persons on WGT! Shame there had to be a winner...

scores agreed with kells

very enjoyable two 9 holes,kells putted really well on the champ greens,even smacked in a 30 footer on one hole,i missed a few putts but take nothing away from kelly,she deserved the win.

plus im looking forward to the photo of her streaking round the pool in spain celebrating lol

well done girl 

paul

• kevinf2009
    279 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 4:39 PM

Had the pleasure to play against Hpurey today on Pinehurst in stabbleford format. Everything was going great for me, was holing putts and putting approaches close to the hole. Hazen, on the other hand, had some tough times with his putter. I jumped out to a 24-21 lead after the front and then birdied the 10th and 11th while he pared to put me at a 30-25 lead thru 11. Then we both kind of went through the motions paring the next few holes until we hit #15 where i chipped in for bird while he pared. But then, on the following hole, I had an ugly 3-putt bogey while he birdied. Both of us birdied 17, so going into the final hole, the score was 43-39. I stuck my approach 4ft from the hole while Hazen went a tad long. All in all, I made my bird and capped off another win for the Gnomes.

Gnomes  kevinf2009- 46
    Cosa Nostra   Hpurey- 41

see my 3rd screenshot for my ctth shot of 1.7ft

pine front.JPGpine back.JPGpine ctth.JPG

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2016 2:17 AM

Tjos 65 vs JoeMaverick 61

Stableford: Tjos 41 vs JoeMaverick 45

Enjoyed playing Tjos, fun game.

Joe

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2016 2:41 AM

DodgyPutter:

Jure is right about the scoring system and that is in not said to be critical but to give an easy way to work out scores.  As long as there are no triples or worse level par is 36pts and just +1 or -1 for each stroke over/under par.

bubbsboy:

bubbsboy:

I'm not trying to pick on this post, saying it matters or anything bad has happened.  Just trying to use it as an example to show an easy way to check scoring at the end of the round.  Probably doing it badly :(

Hi DP, to be honest i didnt work it out. Just pasted our members post on here as he does not come on WGT. So it was mainly to show praise to Baggs from our member.

Bubbs

RSS