Forums

Help › Forums

mini world cup 2016

Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:08 AM (1,381 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 5:44 AM

PAULFINN52:
    Il put the line ups on here and the google drive but don’t think I will need it this match

How did Julplant make the shootout and final roster but wasn't on the original roster submitted back in February? 

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 7:16 AM

Well spotted Jim.

If my memory serves me correct Paul stated that we had to have a squad of 12.

Dated 21/2 our total club membership was 12 players so every member was in the squad, Paul also stated that no one would be included to the squad once the competition commenced BUT a player maybe replaced.

Therefore Jules replaced Josh in Round 3, a week or so after he joined EROS as Josh was very innactive and was never going to be an actual player in this competition.

It is the MWC not the superbowl and there is no need to go looking for a scandal.

Happy Daze.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 8:23 AM

bluey403:
    It is the MWC not the superbowl and there is no need to go looking for a scandal.

LOL. Nws, hoss, the explanation suits me. I saw Jul play a few of the earlier rounds so didn't have a problem with it. I only asked about this because one of my team pointed it out to me. 

Do I have to check the ball compression of your team?  My compression checker Tom Brady is ready.  :-D

p.s., Tell Julplant he's not getting those 2 holes, though--TL vs Champ is scratch.  

• julplant
    203 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 10:47 AM

p.s., Tell Julplant he's not getting those 2 holes, though--TL vs Champ is scratch.  

I didn't write the rules...

And i certainly didn't write Paul's post where he offers me 2 holes :)

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 12:02 PM

god its getting serious then.

ive enjoyed this one than any because we have had more clubs involved and a good bit of banter which i love lol

soz julp im making errors right up to the end ,tyou know theres no shots for you my friend

get your fingers out you lot as well,i don t know if i have mentioned it but im off to sunny orlando and universal and disney(im like a big kid lol) in two weeks,

paul

• 1starrs7
    650 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2016 12:36 PM

Very well done to EROS in getting to the finals, we had you at 3-3, but just could not get the last 3 games played.  Both me and Pete tried, have worn out the whip in trying to arrange matchs.  The CTTH shootout was a way in getting the game finished, but maybe next time have it as a single try.

I think Paul has almost earned a few extra days away, as he was running this comp and had his matchplay event on at the same time. 

A big thank you from The Bats.  Also a big thank you to all the teams that have played in this and hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did.

Cheers Rich

• julplant
    203 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2016 12:50 AM

Hi, just to let you guys know that Aaron (Bigcountry317) and I have got in touch to play our final round.

It might not happen before july 18th as he's on vacation till 14th and as i'll be out of time from 15th till 18th... It'll be a small window to play it before the 20th, but we'll manage to do so in time.

Jul

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2016 2:59 AM

Yeah Rich,

I was at a complete loss there.We had played 55 matches prior and had only two games that couldn't be arranged,( 3 if you include the mix up between Shelly & John).

Unfortunately a world wide event is and will always be governed by time zones and here in Brisbane it is magnified as we only equate to roughly 2.5% of all players involved.

From the 8 matches I have played in this great competition, only 2 have been played in my preferred playing time.

As you mentioned before, It is a big ask .

It is give and take and requires much needed co-operation from all parties involved.

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2016 3:35 AM

And of course,

Finny's trek to Florida is off cause of mis- communication between eros and cn

Fear not , I may also be missing the final result here as i will be looking skywards from the  15th July far away from the internet as the brightest full moon in 27 years makes it way far over the Pacific.

• Oteare
    548 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2016 5:59 PM

Finny is going to cook in Florida!  101 with heat index of 112.  It's a good thing I am in air conditioning like the good lord intended.

RSS